An air fryer is one of the best ways to cook frozen foods. Everything is so much faster and extra crispy.
Frozen french fries come out just as good as deep-fried french fries when cooked in the air fryer! Tender inside and crispy outside, perfect for dipping!
Serve alongside a burger or whip up a batch as a snack with your favorite dipping sauce!
Why We Love Air Fryer Frozen Fries
Air fryers make the best French fries, right? While we love homemade air fryer fries (or even oven baked french fries) we also love that air fryer french fries are on the plate in about 15 minutes (without lots of oil and fat).
They always come out crispy on the outside and fluffy and tender on the inside. But wondering how long to cook the different types of fries can be confusing. Don’t worry, with this easy recipe anyone can become a French fry expert!
- Quick to make, go from frozen to fresh in minutes!
- Little to no clean-up.
- No oil means fewer calories without sacrificing that deep-fried texture.
- Easy to add flavor (eg. truffle oil, seasoned salt, ranch mix).
How Long to Cook Frozen Fries in an Air Fryer
Potatoes and salt, that’s all! Choose fries to match the entrees. For instance:
How to Air Fry Frozen French Fries
There is no need to add extra oil to frozen fries. Simply place in the basket and cook.
- Fill the air fryer basket with frozen fries (option: sprinkle with onion powder, garlic powder or seasonings).
- Cook halfway (per recipe below) then remove the basket and toss the fries.
- Cook until the fries are crispy and golden brown. Toss with any of the following seasonings.
- Taco Seasoning Recipe, Ranch Seasoning, Cajun Seasoning, parmesan cheese, Lemon Pepper Seasoning, truffle oil or truffle salt
Tips for Crispy Fries
For best results, always preheat the air fryer. When any food is added to the basket, the hot air immediately seals the outside guaranteeing a crispy exterior.
Avoid overcrowding the air fryer so the hot air can circulate around all sides of the fries.
If cooking in batches, keep fries warm in the oven. Prior to serving, add all batches back to the air fryer for 2 minutes to crisp and heat.
Set out a tray of fries and add dipping sauces (and of course ketchup) for serving! Or take it one step further and make loaded cheese fries for a crowd!
French Fry Dipping Sauces
- Onion Ring Sauce – ready in 5 minutes
- Fish Taco Sauce – so fresh & flavorful
- Chipotle Ranch Dressing – creamy with a kick
- Homemade Garlic Aioli – only 3 easy steps
- Creamy Garlic Dressing – loaded with garlic
Did you make these Air Fryer Frozen French Fries? Leave us a rating and a comment below!
Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- 1 pound frozen french fries any style
- seasoned salt to taste
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Add frozen fries to the air fryer, fill the basket about ½ full.
- Cook 5 minutes and shake/toss the fries. Cook an additional 8-12 minutes or until crispy, see notes.
- Season with salt and serve immediately.
- Cook fries from frozen.
- Preheat the air fryer for best results.
- Do not overcrowd the air fryer.
- Keep batches warm in the oven at 200°F and place all batches back into the air fryer for 1-2 minutes before serving.
- Regular Frozen Fries: 12-14 minutes
- Frozen Shoe String Fries: 7-9 minutes
- Frozen Waffle Fries: 10-12 minutes
- Frozen Sweet Potato Fries: 13-15 minutes
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!