Roasted broccolini is a simple side dish (that seems elegant) and it’s tender-crisp with a delicious garlicky flavor.
This dish needs just a few ingredients and roasts in the oven for an easy side.
Broccolini vs Broccoli
What is broccolini? Broccolini is a cross between broccoli and Chinese broccoli and has long thin stems with florets at the top. Broccolini has a slightly sweeter earthy flavor compared to regular broccoli which makes it perfect for adding to stir-fries.
- Broccolini is easy to find in most grocery stores. We most often find it packaged.
- Like broccoli, broccolini is a superfood loaded with fiber and nutrition.
- This quick and easy dish is ready in less than 20 minutes!
No Broccolini?! No Problem! If you don’t have broccolini, try making roasted broccoli instead. It’s delicious!
Ingredients & Additions to Roasted Broccolini
BROCCOLINI: Choose florets with long, firm stems that are intact. Remove any leaves and clip the tips. The little florets at the top should be full and free of any blemishes. You may see some yellow flowering, this is ok, it is common in Chinese broccoli.
SEASONINGS: This recipe keeps it simple by using only a little oil and garlic. But feel free to toss the broccolini in other seasonings or add a little spritz of lemon juice and some toasted sesame seeds dish!
How to Make Roasted Broccolini
This is one side dish that is easy to prepare:
- Prepare broccolini by rinsing it, trimming the tips, & patting dry with a paper towel.
- Toss broccolini with all ingredients (per the recipe below).
- Spread seasoned broccolini on a sheet pan and roast until spears are tender-crisp.
If overcooked, broccolini can become dry and tough so keep an eye on it and check it early if your stalks are thin to ensure they don’t overcook.
Best Tips for Broccolini
- To save on dishwashing, toss broccolini in the bag you purchased it in. Simply add seasonings and shake the bag until the broccolini is fully coated.
- Avoid over-crowding the pan so the pieces can roast from all sides.
- For an extra crispy result, place roasted broccolini under the broiler for a minute or two.
- Eat broccolini as an appetizer or side dish with some amazing dips like Honey Mustard Sauce, or Easy Hollandaise Sauce.
Store leftover roasted broccolini in an air-tight container or zippered bag in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Our Fave Roasted Veggies
- Roasted Rainbow Carrots – so bright & colorful
- The Best Crispy Roasted Cauliflower
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts – ready in 30 minutes
- Easy Oven Roasted Asparagus – with simple ingredients
- Simple Roasted Turnips – freezer friendly
- Parmesan Roasted Broccoli – 10 minute roast time
Did you try this Roasted Broccolini? Be sure to leave a rating and comment below!
Garlic Roasted Broccolini
- 12 ounces broccolini
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Rinse broccolini and shake dry. Trim the tips of the broccolini.
- Combine olive oil, garlic, salt, & pepper. Toss with broccolini and spread onto a baking sheet.
- Roast broccolini 9-11 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- Broil 1 minute if desired.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.