These Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies are chewy, sweet, and perfect for the winter holidays! Just a few minutes of prep and your first batch will be coming out of the oven in less than 30 minutes!
Can you believe Christmas is less than a week away? The holidays always seem to sneak up on me, but I don’t know if any of them have snuck up quite like this Christmas. My shopping has been done for weeks, my holiday menu is planned, including this Gingerbread French Toast Casserole for Christmas morning, but I still feel like I’m not prepared, anyone else? So the natural thing to do is bake cookies because this is the time of year when cookies are a cure-all, right? If you disagree then please keep your comments to yourself because I’d like to live in the world where cookies solve problems for a little longer. Mmmmkay?
So how many of you have had and loved Starbuck’s Cranberry Bliss Bars? When I worked there in college, I always looked forward to their arrival on the holiday menu. But I don’t think I’ve had one in years. Probably around the time I started making these cookies. These Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies always remind me of those famous bars. There’s no cream cheese, but that just means the cranberries and white chocolate really shine.
These cookies only take about 10 minutes to prep and 12 minutes to bake, which means you can pull the first batch out of the oven in less than 30 minutes! The pudding keeps these cookies soft and chewy on the inside with a slightly crisp outer shell. They’re super delicious as the cranberries add a tart pop of flavor while the white chocolate tones things down. The two together are pretty much the perfect winter flavor combo! This recipe makes about three dozen cookies which also means they’re great for cookie swaps, but don’t forget to save a few for you and Santa!
Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 packed light brown sugar
- 1 (3.4 oz) package instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 additional egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cup white chocolate chips , divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars together until smooth. Add pudding, eggs, additional egg yolk and vanilla. Beat for one minute on medium speed.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients a 1/2 cup at a time and mix until combined.
- Add dried cranberries to a food processor or blender and pulse until small pieces form. Add cranberry pieces and 1 CUP of the white chocolate chips to the dough and mix until combined.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (1.5-2 tbsp), drop cookies on the lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Cookies can also be rolled into balls by hand if a cookie scoop isn't on hand.
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes until cookie edges begin to brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool on the pan for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack and baking off the rest of the dough.
- Melt remaining chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave on 30-second intervals until smooth, stirring between each round. Drizzle melted chocolate over the cooling cookies.
You might also enjoy these delicious recipes!