These Christmas M&M Cookies are perfectly soft and chewy and loaded with red and green M&M’s for a holiday twist!
Christmas M&M Cookies are so easy to make, with a simple dough that requires no chilling so you can enjoy these cookies in 30 minutes or less!
It’s that time of year where I feel like we are doing nothing but baking cookies, and I just don’t hate it!
But since it can be such a crazy time of year, I love making large batches of cookies that are also easily frozen. You can even make these into mini M&M cookies!
That way, when a holiday concert or school party pops up or unexpected company drops in (likely knowing you are well-prepared with your stash of cookies!), you can pull out an assortment of cookies and make up a beautiful tray without breaking a sweat.
They’re also perfect for those late-night cookie cravings when you just don’t have the energy to bake them up fresh (trust me — they taste just as good straight from the freezer!).
This Christmas M&M cookie recipe are fun and festive, but feel free to swap them with multi-colored candies throughout the year for a new twist on the same great cookie! Valentine Cookies, Easter Cookies and Fourth of July Cookies are all fun and festive!
If you’re looking for the best Christmas cookies to whip up for your stash, you might also like these Eggnog Cookies, these Mint Hershey Kiss Cookies, Molasses Cookies, Candy Cane Cookies, these Perfect Gingerbread Cookies or these easy Cake Mix Cookies— they’re all favorites of ours!
What are your favorite easy Christmas cookies to whip up?
Tips on How to Make Christmas M&M Cookies:
- Make sure your butter is room temperature. This way, the butter and sugars will cream together and become perfectly fluffy and this ensures that the sugar will be fully incorporated.
- This cookie dough does not require chilling. If you do chill it (which is great if you want to prep the dough ahead and have fresh cookies later!), it’s best to let it come to room temperature on the counter before baking, or you will end up with thicker, puffier m and m cookies (which is okay if you prefer thick, puffy cookies!).
- Throw some M&Ms into the cookie dough, and add a few on top so people know what’s inside. Because the M&Ms may crack in the oven, I like to just press a few into the tops of the cookies when they come out of the oven, but you can top with M&M’s before baking as well.
Even More Easy Cookies!
- 4 Ingredient Red Velvet Cookies – super easy
- Christmas Sugar Cookies
- Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies – one of our favorites!
- Funfetti Cookies – try festive sprinkles!
- Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies – no bake wonders!
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies – a holiday treat!
Christmas M&M Cookies
- 1 ¼ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar lightly packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ cups Christmas M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- With an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat on medium speed until combined.
- Add flour, salt and baking soda and beat on low speed until combined. Stir in half of the M&M's.
- Roll into 1 ½" balls and bake 2" apart for 8-9 minutes, until cookies are light in color but no longer glossy.
- Remove from the oven and press remaining M&Ms into the tops of the cookies. Allow to cool before removing from the pan.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!