Here’s a recipe for Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies, just like the ones you get at Disney, that can be made at home!
This famous recipe extends from coast to coast for good reason, perfectly delicious and slightly chewy yet soft with great flavor.
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- The ultimate in chocolate chip cookie greatness! Thick and chewy, with that buttery, melt in your mouth goodness.
- They use simple, everyday ingredients & take less than 15 minutes to bake!
- The dough can be made ahead of time and frozen or refrigerated. Bring to room temperature before baking.
- Add in nuts, peanut butter chips or your favorite candies.
The key to any great cookie is using the right ingredients.
Fresh large eggs, real butter (unsalted is best), and good quality semi-sweet chocolate chips give these cookies their signature flavor!
- Mix-ins: Swirl in some peanut butter, switch out (or add!) white chocolate chips to the dough, toffee pieces, mini M&M’s, even toasted walnuts and pecans!
- For Gluten Free cookies: simply replace regular white flour with a gluten-free blend, and make sure all other ingredients are gluten-free as well.
- Ice Cream Sandwiches: make ice cream sandwiches by putting a scoop of softened vanilla ice cream on the top of one cookie and then press another cookie on the top. Cover in plastic wrap and freeze until the ice cream sandwiches are frozen solid.
- As a Sundae: Scoop vanilla ice cream on top of a warmed chocolate chip cookie and top with strawberry sauce, a squirt of whipped cream, and some chocolate sprinkles.
How to Make Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl per the recipe below.
- Cream butter & sugars until fully mixed. Add eggs and vanilla.
- Add in the dry mixture. Fold in chocolate chips or other mix-ins.
- Bake until lightly golden on top. Cool completely.
PRO TIP: For chewy cookies, reduce bake time. For crispier cookies, let the cookies bake longer and remove them when they ‘spring’ back after touching the tops. They will become crispy as they cool.
Pro Tips for Perfect Cookies
- Use room temperature butter for easier mixing and large eggs for extra fluffy cookies!
- Silicone mats will prevent the cookies from overbaking on the bottom.
- Or, use parchment paper for super easy clean-up!
- A cookie scoop (or ice cream scoop) will ensure uniformly sized cookies every time!
- Store cookies in a sealed container or a zippered bag with a slice of bread inside to absorb moisture.
Favorite Cookie Recipes
- S’mores Cookies – no campfire needed
- No-Bake Cookies – so easy to make
- Banana Oatmeal Cookies – ready in 20 minutes
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies – freezer friendly
Did you make these Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon salted butter softened
- ½ cup light brown sugar packed
- 6 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a large baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place the flour and baking soda in a bowl and whisk by hand for 30 seconds.
- Cream the butter with a hand mixer on medium. Add brown sugar and powdered sugar and continue mixing until fluffy. Mix in egg and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture a little bit at a time until incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide the dough into 18 cookies and place 2" apart on the prepared pan.
- Bake until lightly browned on the edges, 10-13 minutes. Cool 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
This recipe comes directly from Disney for the perfect replica cookie!