Soft and chewy Eggnog Cookies with Eggnog Cream Cheese Frosting are your favorite holiday drink in cookie form! These are the perfect addition to your holiday cookie plates along with Nanaimo Bars, classic Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies and of course Chocolate Crinkle Cookies!
Eggnog cookies can be made ahead of time and frozen for the perfect treat, these are destined to become your new favorite holiday cookie!
The holidays are speedily approaching which means it’s time for eggnog!!!
The second I spot eggnog lining the grocery store shelves on November 1st, I giddily purchase my first carton and buy it all through New Years because, eggnog = a mug of holiday cheer.
Now if you are looking for more holiday cheer, and equally important, the most delicious cookie you will make all season long, then get giddy for these crazy soft and chewy eggnog flavored cookies!
Eggnog In Cookie Form
These cookies are one of the softest, melt in your mouth cookies you will ever make and guaranteed to be a new family, neighbor, and friend favorite along with already beloved Pecan Christmas Crack.
In fact, I brought these cookies to a baby shower last week and I received comments such as, “I don’t even like eggnog, but those cookies are soooo good, ” “those cookies are amazing” and from a friend who took some cookies home from the shower, “So I sent your cookies in the boys lunch today – Weston (my oldest) said, “that cookie in my lunch was the best cookie I’ve ever had!” He deemed it his new favorite!” Thank you, Weston, thank you.
What makes these Eggnog Cookies truly taste like taste like eggnog in cookie form is the addition of eggnog to both the cookie dough and the frosting.
We also add 2 cooked egg yolks to the cookie dough for a punch of flavor as well as spice our cookies with nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves and ginger for a round subtle holiday flavor through and through.
The Eggnog Cookies are stand-alone-delicious but even more delicious generously smothered with luxuriously creamy Cream Cheese Frosting spiked with eggnog, vanilla, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
Start by beating the butter and powdered sugar until soft and fluffy! Once fluffy, add in the cream cheese until smooth which will make sure your eggnog frosting is perfectly spreadable!
So if you are looking for a holiday cookie to bring to all your parties, neighbors and friends, then this is the one. Because eggnog in cookie form = holiday cheer in every bite after bite after bite…
More Holiday Treats For You!
- Homemade Peppermint Bark
- Easy Sugar Cookies
- Perfect Gingerbread Cookies
- Christmas Cut Out Cookies
- Candy Cane Cookies
- Easy Buckeye Recipe
- The BEST Christmas Cookies
Did you enjoy these Eggnog Cookies? Be sure to leave a comment and a rating below!
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 16 tablespoon unsalted butter softened*
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ounces cream cheese softened*
- 1 egg
- 2 large hard cooked egg yolks pressed through fine mesh strainer
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup eggnog
Eggnog Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter softened*
- 2 ¼ cups powdered sugar divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened, cut into 8 pieces*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon eggnog
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or nonstick liner and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, nutmeg, salt, cream of tartar, ground cinnamon, ground cloves and ground ginger. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter, sugars and cream cheese until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
- Beat in whole egg just until combined. Add egg yolks, vanilla extract and eggnog and beat just until combined.
- With mixer on low, slowly add flour mixture and beat just until combined– don’t overmix!
- Drop dough by the heaping tablespoon at least 3 inches apart on prepared baking sheets, about 6/sheet (you will need to use a cookie scoop as dough is very wet/sticky). Bake 12-15 minutes or until tops are set. Let cool for 3 minutes then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
Eggnog Cream Cheese Frosting
- Beat butter and 1 ½ cups powdered sugar with handled mixer at medium-high speed until creamed together and light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add cream cheese, 1 piece at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
- Add vanilla, ground nutmeg, ground cinnamon and eggnog and beat to combine. Beat in remaining powdered sugar. Add additional eggnog, if needed, a teaspoon at a time to reach desired consistency.
- Evenly spread frosting on cooled cookies. Garnish cookies with crushed candy canes or ground nutmeg if desired.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
More Recipes You’ll Love