Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup! This rich & creamy soup can be made on the stovetop or in the slow cooker!
I love Cordon Bleu! Chicken with ham and a creamy swiss filling.. usually breaded and topped with a sauce containing dijon!
This recipe captures all of those flavors in a rich and cheesy soup that warms you from the inside out. The best part is that this dish can easily be made quickly on the stove top or it can simmer all day in the slow cooker while you’re at work!
Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- 7 cups potatoes , diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 large carrot , chopped
- 2 cups ham , diced
- 2 cups chicken , cooked & diced
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 5 cups Ready to Serve Chicken Broth (I use low sodium)
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups swiss cheese , shredded
- Pepper to taste
- Add diced potatoes, onion, carrot, chicken, ham, thyme, parsley, pepper, dijon & broth to a large pot.
- Bring to a boil and simmer 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- Remove 2-3 cups of the potatoes/carrots and mash (try to avoid the ham/chicken if possible), then return the mashed mixture to the pot.
- Add milk and sour cream. Stir and cook an additional 5 minutes. Stir in shredded cheese until melted. Serve hot.
Slow cooker directions
- Add diced potatoes, onion, carrot, chicken, ham, thyme, parsley, pepper, dijon & broth to a crock pot.
- Cook on low 7 hours, or high 3 hours.
- Remove 2-3 cups of the potatoes/carrots (try to avoid ham/chicken) and mash, then return the mashed mixture to the crock pot.
- Add milk and sour cream. Stir and cook an additional 15 minutes. Stir in cheese and pepper to taste. Makes twelve 1-cup servings.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)