Easy Baked Cauliflower is the perfect side dish for any meal! This is one of those sides that everyone needs in their recipe book, nothing fancy, no crazy ingredients but lots of flavor and simple to prep.
A Simple Side Dish
Want to take your veggie game to the next level? There are so many new and tasty ways to enjoy the vegetables we grew up with (zoodles anyone?). This easy baked cauliflower recipe will please vegetarians and carnivores alike!
Cauliflower is a nutritional powerhouse with just 50 calories per 2 cups and packed with fiber. This baked cauliflower recipe is a simple fix on a busy night and can easily be placed in the oven along with your favorite meatloaf recipe or even placed in the pan with a roasted chicken!
How to Prepare Cauliflower Florets
Cauliflower is a compact and heavy vegetable, so it is easy to work with. For this baked cauliflower recipe:
- Remove any green leaves at the bottom and cut off the stem.
- Cut the entire head in half vertically from the stem up.
- Then, with your fingers, break apart each half into smaller pieces. These are the florets. Break them up as big or small as you like. Think about if you will be using a fork or your fingers to eat them with!
How to Make Baked Cauliflower
I keep it very simple but if i have fresh herbs on hand, I add those in too! Feel free to season with anything you like even toss with dressing after it comes out of the oven! After rinsing, drain them extra well. Any leftover water will cause them to steam and they won’t brown as nicely.
- Preheat oven.
- Toss cauliflower florets with olive oil and your fave seasonings.
- Spread on a greased sheet pan and bake:
- Bake at 350°F about 30-35 minutes
- Bake at 375°F about 25-30 minutes
- Bake at 400°F about 20-25 minutes
These times are a guide if you like your cauliflower softer, cook it longer if you prefer more tender crisp, cook it less. A higher temperature will give more browning (and flavor). I personally don’t stir them, I like one side to get nice and browned. Don’t overcook them, you still want them to be a little crunchy!
More Cauliflower Yum
- Roasted Cauliflower Soup – So much flavor!
- Cauliflower Fried Rice – Low carb and delicious!
- Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes – Creamy and so good
- Cheesy Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole – No condensed soup
- Broccoli Cauliflower Salad – Perfect potluck side dish
- Favorite Roasted Cauliflower– An easy favorite!
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Wash and prepare 1 head of cauliflower. Slice so it has one flat side,
Mix together olive oil and remaining ingredients.
Toss dried cauliflower with olive oil mixture.
Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)