Chicken schnitzel made from scratch in just 12 minutes!!! All the flavour, most of the crunch, and a fraction of the calories of deep fried schnitzel. Learn how easy it is to make this!
12 Minute Chicken Schnitzel
Pin it to your DINNER BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
For those really busy nights, it’s fantastic to have a handful of really speedy recipes in your back pocket. And this one hits it out of the park. A crunchy chicken schnitzel, made from scratch, it’s one of those meals that’s a guaranteed crowd pleaser – especially for picky eaters!
I mean, EVERYBODY loves crunchy fried things, don’t they?? I am yet to meet anyone who doesn’t love fried things. Even if they are the health-conscious sort, they still profess to loving fried things, it’s just that they have more self control than me. 😜
So here’s my tricky little technique for making crumbed things in just 12 minutes:
- Spread chicken with mustard and mayonnaise;
- Sprinkle with panko bread crumbs, spray with oil; and
- Broil on high for just 8 minutes until golden.
While it’s broiling, throw together a quick salad, warm up some bread rolls and boom! Dinner is served, in just 12 minutes!
The mustard and mayo is not only used to make the panko stick to the chicken, but it also adds flavour. Plus the oil in the mayonnaise helps make the panko nice and crunchy and golden.
I use this technique for making fish and veal schnitzel too. In fact, it’s especially brilliant with fish, like in this Healthy Parmesan Garlic Crumbed Fish.
Crunchy crumbed goodness. Isn’t it so great being able to get your fix without the guilt and MESS of deep frying??
This recipe is a staple in my regular midweek meal rotation. Hope you give it a try!
12 Minute Chicken Schnitzel
- 1 small chicken breast
- 3 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 3 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- ¼ teaspoon panko bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper
- Oil spray
- Preheat broiler to high and place the rack 8" from the heat source.
- Cut chicken in half horizontally. Pound to ⅓" even thickness.
- Place chicken on a tray. Spread with mayonnaise then mustard, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with panko bread crumbs, press to adhere. Spray with oil.
- Broil for 8 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with salad and a crusty bread roll.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!