Creamy Carrot Soup recipe is easy, healthy and delicious! It’s made with carrots, onions, garlic, ginger and a splash of cream that takes it over the top!
Much like a Butternut Squash Soup, this recipe has brilliant color and comforting flavor; it’ll be a new family favorite in no time.
We are big soup lovers, and we enjoy soup all year round, but especially when the weather is chilly.
January is the perfect time to bring out the soup recipes because it seems that everyone is wanting to eat healthier after all of the holiday indulgences (Christmas Cookies anyone?).
Easy Carrot Soup
This Carrot Soup is loaded with carrots but gets a ton of added flavor from browned onions, garlic, ginger and the other herbs and spices. Just because it’s healthy doesn’t mean it’s not incredibly delicious!
Be sure to have some 30 Minute Dinner Rolls or a chunk of crusty bread nearby for dunking!
How Do You Make Creamy Carrot Soup:
Carrot soup is a simple and quick soup to make.
- Cook onion, carrots, and celery until onions are browned
- Add spices and cook 1 minute
- Add broth and simmer 15-20 minutes
- Puree and serve!
How To Make This Creamy Carrot Soup Recipe in The Slow Cooker:
Cream of Carrot soup is easy to make in the slow cooker! It means you can let it simmer all day without babysitting ;)
- Place all ingredients except for the cream into a 4-6 quart slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or high for 3-4 hours, until carrots are tender (the larger the pieces, the longer it will take to cook).
- Puree soup with an immersion blender (or transfer to a blender that can process hot liquids), and add the cream.
- Serve with bread for dipping!
Variations on this Carrot Soup:
- If you have a hard time getting your picky eaters to enjoy carrots but they love tomato soup, try swapping half of the carrots for tomatoes or a can of crushed tomatoes. Once it’s blended, no one will know the difference and they might enjoy tomato carrot soup more than they think!
- Carrot soup with ginger is naturally gluten-free.
- This carrot ginger soup recipe is easily made dairy-free, just skip the cream or substitute for your favorite non-dairy milk (keeping in mind that this will change the flavor considerably). Or make it with coconut milk.
- Make carrot soup vegan by switching out the chicken broth for vegetable broth and using a non-dairy milk option.
- If you’re asking yourself, what can I add to carrot soup, you can add any other vegetables that you enjoy. It’s a great way to get picky eaters eating things they wouldn’t normally try! Broccoli, celery, and cauliflower would all be great!
What Spices Do You Put in Carrot Soup?
- Our favorite seasonings include garlic, ginger, salt, paprika and pepper for this carrot and ginger soup.
- Like to spice things up? Add a pinch or two of red chili flakes to this soup while it’s simmering. It will add a wonderful little touch of heat!
- Make a curried carrot soup by adding 1/2-1 teaspoon of curry powder when you add the spices.
More Soup Recipes To Warm You From the Inside Out!
Try these soups, which are all hearty enough to keep you warm on chilly days!
- Ham and Bean Soup
- Sausage Tortellini Soup – kids love this one!
- Homemade French Onion Soup – a classic
- Instant Pot Potato Soup – quick and easy
- Ham Bone Soup – slow cooker!
Carrot Soup recipe
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 pounds carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 rib celery sliced
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 1 ½ teaspoon ginger minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- In a medium soup pot, add oil, onion, carrots, and celery and cook over medium-high heat until onion is lightly browned.
- Add garlic, ginger, salt, paprika and pepper and cook and stir 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth and stir. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Puree with an immersion blender (or transfer to a blender that can process hot liquids) and stir in cream. Serve.