This is literally the easiest way to make and serve tacos! I can’t believe I haven’t been doing this all my life!
Simply stand the tacos up in a pan, fill with cheese & meat and bake! Once they come out of the oven, I put the toppings on all of them at once; so fast and easy! The best thing about these tacos is the shells don’t snap and break open which means your taco doesn’t end up a broken mess!
Be sure to put a thin layer of cheese under the meat and to assemble right before baking to avoid the shells getting soft. Mine always turn out perfectly!
CHEESY OVEN BAKED TACOS
- 1 pound ground lean beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 onion
- 1 can of Rotel tomatoes
- 12-14 taco shells
- 2 1/2 cups cheddar or jack cheese divided
- Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook ground beef and onion until no pink remains. Drain fat. Add in taco seasoning, undrained tomatoes and 1/4 cup water. Cook until no liquid remains (about 5 minutes).
- Place your taco shells in a 9×13 pan. Use small balls of foil between every second shell to help them stand up.
- Divide 1 1/2 cups of cheese between the shells. Top with meat mixture divided between shells and finally top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until cheese melts. Top with desired toppings and serve immediately.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)