Bacon Ranch Chicken Salad is a great recipe for using up cold chicken. It’s a chunky chicken salad made with ranch dressing and bits of crumbled bacon thrown in for good measure!
This would be a great salad to make with chicken (or turkey) leftovers. I’d even throw a couple of extra breasts on the grill when making grilled chicken, that way I know I can make a terrific chicken salad for lunch the next day!
Ingredients in Chicken Ranch Salad
This recipe still has all the basics found in a classic chicken salad and adds a fun twist of bacon and ranch dressing!
- Chicken: Use grilled chicken for that unmistakable outdoor flavor, or use leftover chicken from last night’s roast chicken dinner, and get two meals for the price of one!
- Herbs & Spices: Parsley, dill, and seasoned salt. Make your own homemade seasoned salt, or use Mrs. Dash or another favorite.
- Mix-Ins: Bacon, green onions and celery. Celery is optional but adds a delicious crunch!
- Dressing: Ranch dressing, mayo, and a bit of mustard make the creamy and zesty base.
To Make This Salad
When using leftover chicken and bacon this recipe is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
To Make Chicken Salad:
- Chop chicken, celery, and green onions.
- Mix all ingredients together with the spices, mayo, and mustard.
- Add ranch dressing last, a little at a time, mixing well.
Spread the chicken salad on your choice of bun with spinach, tomatoes, or your choice of toppings. Or switch it up and serve it inside a lettuce boat for a low carb option.
If you don’t have leftover bacon, don’t worry. You can quickly and easily make bacon in the microwave! Or if you have the time cook up a packet of bacon in the oven and store the leftovers in the fridge.
- Use a microwave-safe plate. Place bacon on a paper towel in the micro, making sure not to overlap the strips. Cover with another paper towel.
- Cook about 4-5 minutes, or until crispy and sizzling. Remove and allow the bacon to cool and drain on another paper towel. This will keep your bacon crisp.
- Once it’s cool, chop or crumble it to desired consistency.
What to Serve With Chicken Salad
To me, there’s nothing better than a sandwich and cup of soup for lunch! This grilled bacon ranch chicken salad would taste great with a cup of potato leek soup, or broccoli soup with cheddar and asiago. Or have it with a strawberry spinach salad for a healthy side!
It also works amazingly well in a pasta salad. Cook up your favorite pasta and mix in bacon ranch chicken salad, to make this into a simple but special weeknight meal out on the deck!
Slice up some summer melons to serve as an attractive and easy side dish or serve with a side of crunchy chips or french fries.
How Long Will It Last?
If refrigerated promptly, chicken salad can last in the fridge for 3 to 5 days. So it’s great to make this on a Sunday night and pack it for lunches. (Just be sure to use a mini ice pack.) No one will complain when they find this sandwich or wrap waiting in their lunchbox!
Delicious Chicken Salad Recipes
- Classic Chicken Salad – the classically delicious version
- Avocado Ranch Chicken Salad Wrap – made without mayonnaise!
- Pineapple Chicken Salad with Grapes – a fruity version with a crunch
- Easy Chicken Salad – with almonds!
- Creamy Chicken Pasta Salad– packed with flavor, texture & color!
Bacon Ranch Chicken Salad
- Place all ingredients except for ranch dressing in a small bowl and mix well.
- Add the ranch dressing a little at a time to reach desired consistency.
- Serve on rolls with fresh tomatoes and lettuce.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!