This easy Avocado Ranch Chicken Salad is loaded with flavor (and contains no mayonnaise) for a deliciously lighter version of a typical chicken salad. It is paired with our favorite fresh vegetables and wrapped in a light Flatout flatbread for a low cal lunch that will keep your belly happy all day long! Thank you to our friends at Flatout for partnering with us and sponsoring this post!
One thing I always focus on after a holiday (after all of the indulging I do) is ensuring I include more fresh choices, leaner proteins and healthier sauces and dressings in my meals. Don’t get me wrong, I definitely still indulge every now and then, but I find that it is a time I try to be more balanced.
While I do try to have a good fresh start, I do also love to continue to eat my favorites so I like to put a nice fresh spin on them. One thing I love to eat for lunch is a good chicken salad wrap.
Chicken salad is something that reminds me of being a kid as it’s something we always used to eat for lunch. The version we used to eat was chicken loaded with mayonnaise and a little bit of celery and green onion… and we know that mayonnaise (while delicious) isn’t maybe the best base for a meal.
Swap the Mayo for Avocado
This easy recipe replaces the mayonnaise with a delicious base of avocado, Greek yogurt and light ranch dressing. You can use any kind of ranch dressing, I used homemade since I always have a batch of my light Buttermilk Ranch dressing in the fridge.
Keeping with the theme of a lightened up chicken salad, I love to wrap these in light Flatout flatbread because they have only 90 calories each and are high in both protein and fiber (keeping my belly happy and full). I then layer in my favorite veggies like lettuce and tomatoes… but I’ve also added shredded carrots, alfalfa sprouts, thinly sliced cucumbers and slivers of red onion.
Wrap it in Flatbread (or lettuce)
I’ve been enjoying a LOT of meals on the light Flatout flatbread because they’re low cal and totally satisfying.. you can stuff them with everything from turkey taco meat to cream cheese and veggies.
They’re also great spritzed with olive oil, sprinkled with garlic salt and baked into a low cal cracker to serve with your favorite lunch meal or as a snack.
Perfect for Leftover Chicken
Ok back to this Avocado Ranch Chicken Salad Wrap… you’ll definitely want to add this to your menu. It’s the perfect way to enjoy leftover chicken (or turkey), quick and easy to make and can be prepared ahead of time. The filling will last about 3 days in the fridge.
We serve it with a fresh fruit salad for the perfect light dinner or lunch.
More Great Sandwich Fillings
- Best Egg Salad Recipe – Classic egg salad with lots of flavor!
- Ham Salad – Great for leftover baked ham!
- The BEST Chicken Salad – Our favorite make ahead lunch!
- Shrimp Salad – Perfect for warm weather!
- Classic Tuna Salad – The perfect filler!
Avocado Ranch Chicken Salad Wrap
- 4 light Flatout flatbreads
- 1 avocado peeled & pitted
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup light ranch dressing bottled or homemade
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 cup diced celery
- tomato slices
- Place avocado and lemon juice in a bowl. Mash until almost smooth (a few little chunks are ok).
- Stir in yogurt, dressing, dill, parsley and salt & pepper. Add chicken and celery and mix well.
- Place one light Flatout flatbread on your surface. Top with lettuce and tomato if using. Add chicken mixture and roll snugly. Slice in half and serve.
More Recipes You’ll Love
This post was sponsored by our friends at Flatout. We love to partner with brands we personally use and love to bring you new recipes to enjoy! These partnerships help support this site at no cost to you and while I was compensated, all opinions are my own.