Chicken Salad with Grapes is the perfect simple meal and a great twist on a classic Chicken Salad. It’s flavorful with lots of texture and color.This easy salad can be made with leftover Oven Baked Chicken Breasts or rotisserie chicken!
Serve this as an easy weeknight meal with a tossed salad or make it ahead of time to enjoy for lunch throughout the week.
In partnership with Nestea
An Easy Sandwich with Fruit & Nuts
- Chicken: Like a classic chicken salad recipe, you can use leftover chicken, rotisserie chicken or Crockpot Shredded Chicken for this recipe.
- Pineapple/Grapes: Fruit adds a bit of sweetness and a juicy tang to this recipe. Like in a Waldorf Salad, fruit lightens up a mayonnaise-based dressing.
- Nuts: Pecans add a bit of crunch (along with celery). They can be replaced with walnuts or almonds if you prefer.
- Dressing: A mayonnaise-based dressing is flavored with a hint of curry powder. The addition of curry is amazing in a chicken salad with grapes!
- Other Delicious Additions: chopped red or green onions, sliced and quartered zucchini, shredded carrots, sliced water chestnuts, sesame seeds (black or white)
To Make Chicken Salad with Grapes
Not only is this simple and easy, but it is so impressive to serve for guests while sitting on the deck sipping on an ice-cold glass of NESTEA® slightly sweet black iced tea!
- Whisk together the dressing (per recipe below).
- Add diced chicken, pineapple tidbits, halved red grapes, diced red bell pepper, sliced celery, and chopped pecans in a bowl.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad and gently toss.
Serve with bread, croissants, or over a bed of lettuce.
Pro tip: Toast the pecans in a small pan and let them cool before adding to the salad. Toasting nuts retain their crunch and expand their flavor!
How Long Will It Last?
As long as it is kept covered, pineapple chicken salad with grapes will last about a week in the fridge. It might need to be drained a little bit as the grapes will start to lose their plumpness. But all you have to do is refresh the flavors by adding some fresh, toasted pecans and some salt and pepper.
My Favorite Sides
You’ll want to keep your sides simple since this salad already has meat, fruit, veggies, and carbs in it.
Add some croutons if putting it over a bed of greens for an extra crunch! Try large leaves of romaine lettuce when making it into a sandwich and breadsticks when eating it plain!
More Super Sammies
- Best Egg Salad Recipe – the classically delicious version
- Ham Salad – packed with flavor
- Classic Tuna Salad – Classic sandwich
- Club Sandwich – ready in 10 mins!
- Shrimp Salad – Great over salad or in bread
Pineapple Chicken Salad with Grapes
- 3 cups chicken diced
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits drained, juice reserved for dressing
- 1 cup red grapes halved
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 cup celery sliced
- ¾ cup pecans chopped
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 tablespoons pineapple juice from the tidbits
- 1 ½ teaspoons dijon mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients to a large bowl. Top with prepared dressing and gently toss to combine.
- Serve over croissants or lettuce.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Nestea. The opinions and text are all mine.
Can you substitute Greek yogurt for mayo?
I have only tried this recipe as written so I can’t say for sure. It will slightly affect the flavor and texture but will still be delicious. If you try it I would love to hear how it turns out Lisa!
First time trying chicken salad
Easy recipe. I used prior grilled chicken and Nature’s Promise pre-grilled chicken breast strips.
The dressing was a nice balance of soft curry taste background which balanced the sweetness of the pineapple and red grapes. Since it is hard to find pineapple tidbits , just buy rings and easy to cut up the rings. I added some cranberries with my slivered almonds on the top for color and twang! Fabulous dish to make again.
I’ve never left a comment on a recipe in my life but this one is so incredibly good I feel compelled to. I’ve made it twice now and it’s still amazing, like better than restaurant sandwiches. 10/10
Thank you so much for coming back and leaving a comment Mandy! I’m so glad you loved this recipe.
I love a good salad but I have a problem with so many of them. I’m allergic to celery (gives me hives) and raw onions (gives me migraines). I’m70 years old and started developing these allergies in the 1970’s. Do I just leave them out or do you have suggestions for other people like me? I do enjoy bell peppers, is that my only choice ? FYI, I do know other people with these allergies but not both but I’m sure they are out there.
Thanks for your help!
Hi Kathy, for some crunch you could replace the celery with water chestnuts or cucumbers. We don’t use onion in this recipe but in other salad recipes, depending on your allergy, you could swap the onion for shallots, green onions, or chives. Hope that helps!
For your pineapple chicken salad with grapes
How many calories are in a cup of the Pineapple chicken salad?
Hi Julie, the calories may vary based on the ingredients you use so we do recommend calculating it with MyFitnessPal or a similar app to confirm, but calories indicated at the bottom of this recipe are for approximately one cup (about 300 calories per cup).
Delicious chicken salad. I will make this again.
You have a lot of wonderful recipes! :)
Thank you! :)
Looks marvelos, and you’re right, it’s supremely easy to do… if only they knew haha
I love your summer mealtime strategy and thoughts. Less is more, especially in the summer! I love the addition of pineapple in this!
Thank you Averie, the pineapple adds such a delicious flavor!