Chicken Salad with Grapes is the perfect simple meal and a great twist on a classic Chicken Salad. It’s flavorful with lots of texture and color.This easy salad can be made with leftover Oven Baked Chicken Breasts or rotisserie chicken!
Serve this as an easy weeknight meal with a tossed salad or make it ahead of time to enjoy for lunch throughout the week.
In partnership with Nestea
An Easy Sandwich with Fruit & Nuts
- Chicken: Like a classic chicken salad recipe, you can use leftover chicken, rotisserie chicken or Crockpot Shredded Chicken for this recipe.
- Pineapple/Grapes: Fruit adds a bit of sweetness and a juicy tang to this recipe. Like in a Waldorf Salad, fruit lightens up a mayonnaise-based dressing.
- Nuts: Pecans add a bit of crunch (along with celery). They can be replaced with walnuts or almonds if you prefer.
- Dressing: A mayonnaise-based dressing is flavored with a hint of curry powder. The addition of curry is amazing in a chicken salad with grapes!
- Other Delicious Additions: chopped red or green onions, sliced and quartered zucchini, shredded carrots, sliced water chestnuts, sesame seeds (black or white)
To Make Chicken Salad with Grapes
Not only is this simple and easy, but it is so impressive to serve for guests while sitting on the deck sipping on an ice-cold glass of NESTEA® slightly sweet black iced tea!
- Whisk together the dressing (per recipe below).
- Add diced chicken, pineapple tidbits, halved red grapes, diced red bell pepper, sliced celery, and chopped pecans in a bowl.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad and gently toss.
Serve with bread, croissants, or over a bed of lettuce.
Pro tip: Toast the pecans in a small pan and let them cool before adding to the salad. Toasting nuts retain their crunch and expand their flavor!
How Long Will It Last?
As long as it is kept covered, pineapple chicken salad with grapes will last about a week in the fridge. It might need to be drained a little bit as the grapes will start to lose their plumpness. But all you have to do is refresh the flavors by adding some fresh, toasted pecans and some salt and pepper.
My Favorite Sides
You’ll want to keep your sides simple since this salad already has meat, fruit, veggies, and carbs in it.
More Super Sammies
- Best Egg Salad Recipe – the classically delicious version
- Ham Salad – packed with flavor
- Classic Tuna Salad – Classic sandwich
- Club Sandwich – ready in 10 mins!
- Shrimp Salad – Great over salad or in bread
Pineapple Chicken Salad with Grapes
- 3 cups chicken diced
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits drained, juice reserved for dressing
- 1 cup red grapes halved
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 cup celery sliced
- 3/4 cup pecans chopped
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 tablespoons pineapple juice from the tidbits
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients to a large bowl. Top with prepared dressing and gently toss to combine.
- Serve over croissants or lettuce.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Nestea. The opinions and text are all mine.