Bacon cheese bites are quick and easy-to-make appetizers or after school snacks.
Bite-sized pinwheels of cheese and bacon are blended with cream cheese and baked in ready-made pizza dough.
They’re puffy, chewy, savory and will disappear fast!
An Easy Cheesy Appetizer
- Made with only a few simple ingredients that are probably already on hand, they’re ready in less than 15 minutes!
- Bacon bites are a perfectly portable appetizer for any occasion.
- These cheesy bites can be filled with almost anything! Simply prep, roll, and bake.
- We love these warm but they’re fine to serve at room temperature too.
- Serve in place of bread or crackers with a comforting bowl of soup or an entree salad.
Ingredients for These Cheese Bites
Dough – Buy or make pizza dough or try crescent rolls instead.
Bacon – Slices of bacon can be fried or baked in the oven but for this recipe, I use real bacon bits to save time.
Cream Cheese – Use spreadable cream cheese for faster, smoother mixing and spreading. You can also use flavored cream cheese like herb and garlic.
Shredded Cheese – Shredded cheese blends can be a Mexican blend or a combination of sharp white and regular shredded. Gruyere and blue cheese crumbles will make a fancy, party pinwheel.
Variations – This fun recipe is so versatile! Add a bit of extra nutrition by mixing in some finely chopped veggies, hashbrown potatoes, and shredded chicken and they’ll become a new snack every time!
How to Make Bacon Cheese Bites
- Combine the filling ingredients.
- Spread the mixture over the pizza dough. Roll tightly.
- Slice into 24 pinwheels and bake until golden brown, (as per recipe below).
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
Dips for Cheese Bites
Make bacon cheese bites up to a day ahead, chill, and either serve cold or reheat. Keep leftover bacon bites covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the oven or air fryer.
Easy Cheesy Appetizers
Did you love these Oven Baked Bacon Cheese Bites? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Bacon Cheese Bites
- 13.8 oz pizza dough such as Pillsbury or crescent rolls (or homemade pizza dough)
- 4 oz spreadable cream cheese
- ½ cup real bacon bits
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese blend
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking pan with parchement paper.
- Combine cream cheese, bacon bits, cheese, garlic powder, and green onions.
- Unroll the pizza dough. Spread the bacon mixture over the dough. Starting with the longer side, roll the dough.
- Cut into 24 pinwheels and place on the prepared pan. Use your hands to shape the slices round if needed (they’re usually a little bit flattened).
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
Recipe inspired by Oh Bite It’s Cheesy Bacon Bombs