These oven baked bacon cheese bites could quite possibly be one of the yummiest things ever! I mean EVER! It is a delicious and simple appetizer or snack.. and I literally could’ve eaten the whole entire pan myself! I am not kidding you!
Raw bacon would take way too long to cook for this recipe so I used pre cooked bacon. If you have raw bacon that you’d like to use, pre-cook it most of the way in the microwave before preparing this.
Things you’ll need for this recipe:
* Toothpicks * Bacon * Cheese *
Bacon Cheese Bites
- 1 can crescent rolls
- 8 1" cubes fresh Mozzarella cheese
- 6 slices pre-cooked bacon or regular bacon mostly cooked in the microwave
- Unroll the crescents and cut each triangle into 2 pieces. Wrap each triangle around a piece of cheese. Pinch all of the seams closed very well and gently roll the dough to create a round shape.
- Cut the slices of bacon to just fit around the dough and secure with a toothpick. I used the “scraps” of bacon to wrap around the last few. You can use full pieces if you prefer.
- Place on a parchment paper lined pan. Bake 15 minutes or until dough is browned. You can expect some bits of cheese to leak out.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
These were inspired by Oh Bite It’s Cheesy Bacon Bombs… wow! Heavenly… but I wanted to come up with a baked version!
Other recipes you will love: