This easy Blue Cheese Dip recipe is so creamy and full of tangy blue cheese flavor.
Of course, it’s perfect to serve with buffalo wings alongside carrots and celery. We also love it as a dip for vegetables or even potato chips.
BLUE CHEESE is strong, salty, and sharp and I love how it mellows out slightly in this dip. Try Gorgonzola, Stilton, and Roquefort blue cheese. Try softer gorgonzola or start with crumbles to make it easy.
CREAMY BASE Just like a lot of creamy dips, this starts with a base of sour cream and mayonnaise. For a lighter version, sour cream can be replaced with greek yogurt. A splash of lemon juice and a pinch of garlic add flavor!
VARIATIONS We love the addition of fresh dill but you can also sprinkle with some bacon bits or add some ranch dressing mix. Add a splash of hot sauce for a zing!
How to Make Blue Cheese Dip
This easy & creamy dip only has 2 steps!
- Combine all ingredients except cheese & chives.
- Stir in cheese and chives until fully incorporated.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
This dip will keep in the fridge for as long as your sour cream is good so check the date on your sour cream container!
What Goes With Blue Cheese Dip?
- This dip goes great with figs, pears, apples, and pineapple.
- Raw veggies like celery, carrots, cucumbers, & peppers will all taste great!
- Crackers and tortilla chips are also perfect with this dip.
- This dip is the best with Air Fryer Chicken Wings or our favorite Baked Buffalo Wings!
How to Store
This dip will keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Because of the dairy, we recommend making a new batch every time instead of freezing any leftovers!
More Quick Dips
- Easy Spinach Dip
- 5 Minute Taco Dip
- Beer Cheese Dip
- French Onion Dip
- Sour Cream Dip
- Quick Creamy Artichoke Dip
Did you make this Blue Cheese Dip? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Blue Cheese Dip
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbled
- 1 tablespoon chives chopped, optional
- Combine all of the ingredients except for the blue cheese & chives. Mix until combined.
- Stir in blue cheese and chives (if using) until fully incorporated.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!