Crisp Wonton Cups are stuffed with jalapeno popper mix for the perfect crowd-pleasing snack!
Serve baked fresh and warm from the oven while the cream cheese and cheddar is super melty. You can even make them with bacon bits for a little more oomph!
What could be better than wonton cups stuffed with a cheesy jalapeno popper dip? Everyone goes crazy for jalapeno poppers (and pretty much anything popper inspired) and these little nibbles are no exception!
Wonton Wrappers are good for much more than just wonton soup! They bake up nice and crisp as wonton chips, are delicious as crab rangoon and of course make perfect wonton cups for filling with any cream cheese dip recipe (hot or cold)!
You can find wonton wrappers in most grocery stores. They’re usually near the tofu towards the produce area or sometimes in the freezer. If you don’t see them, ask at the grocery because they usually have them!
How to Make Jalapeno Popper Wonton Cups
These cheesy wonton cups are super easy to make!
- Brush each wrapper with melted butter and place in the bottom of a mini muffin tin and bake (per recipe below).
- Mix the filling ingredients together.
- Fill each wonton, top with cheese and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Remove from the oven and let cool about 5 minutes. Top with sliced jalapenos or pickled jalapenos and serve warm.
To Make Ahead
Jalapeno popper wonton cups can be made in advance but I don’t usually fill and bake them until serving.
To prep ahead, bake the wonton cups until crisp and allow to cool. Prepare the filling mixture as directed. Just before serving, fill and bake as directed.
These can be baked ahead of time as well and then reheated in a toaster oven or oven.
Jalapeno Popper Inspiration
- Jalapeno Popper Dip – reader fav
- Bacon Jalapeño Cheese Ball Recipe
- Jalapeno Popper Cheese Fondue – stovetop version!
- Grilled Jalapeno Poppers – wrapped in bacon
- Mini Jalapeno Popper Egg Rolls
Jalapeno Popper Wonton Cups
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 6 oz jalapenos diced, or to taste
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese softened
- 2 Tablespoons green onions chopped
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded, divided
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brush each wonton wrapper on both sides with melted butter and place into a mini muffin tin. Bake 7 minutes.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl, reserving 1/4 cup cheese for topping.
- Fill each wonton cup with the cream cheese mixture. Bake and additional 12-14 minutes or until cheese is melted and wonton is browned.
- Cool for about 3 minutes and serve warm.