Avocado Corn Salad is a bright and fresh side dish with fresh (or frozen) corn and creamy avocado in a bright lime dressing!
We love heartier salads like this colorful beauty. This is a great side for your favorite TexMex or Mexican inspired meals, a perfect meal or delicious next to grilled chicken.
We Love This Avocado Corn Salad
- A great recipe for using up bits and pieces of leftover veggies including peppers, zucchini, and tomatoes.
- This salad can be served on its own or over lettuce.
- Corn and avocado salad is also great in a wrap or tucked into a pita pocket with rotisserie chicken or cilantro lime chicken for a quick meal.
- This salad will keep about 2 days.
Ingredients in Avocado Corn Salad
CORN: I love to use fresh corn if I have it but frozen or canned work well too. The corn is lightly browned in a frying pan but you can grill the corn first if you’d prefer.
AVOCADO: Avocados add a creamy texture to this salad. Once the avocado is cubed, immediately toss it with lime juice to help keep it from browning. If you are making this for meal prep, keep the avocado aside and add it just before serving.
DRESSING: The dressing for this salad is simple and delicious. Fresh cilantro, garlic, and salt and pepper.
Cilantro lime dressing or a chipotle ranch dressing also work great on this salad too!
This is the fun part! Make it an entrée salad by adding proteins like roast chicken breast, grilled shrimp, bacon pieces, smoked or blackened salmon.
Try adding homemade taco seasoning in place of cumin.
For a heartier vegetarian salad, add black beans, quinoa, and bulk up the veggies like cucumber, shredded carrots, or strips of red bell peppers.
How to Make Avocado Corn Salad
This salad comes together so easily, and the results are so satisfying.
- Season and sauté corn until the kernels are lightly browned (as per the recipe below).
- Squeeze lime juice over diced avocados in a large bowl. Add all ingredients to the salad and gently toss.
- Let the salad rest while the lettuce bowls are being prepared.
To serve top each lettuce bowl with a scoop or two of avocado corn salad and garnish with extra crumbled feta.
How to Store
Store leftover avocado corn salad in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Before serving again, stir the salad and add a little extra lime juice and feta cheese.
If you’d like to keep it longer, add the avocado to each serving instead of mixing it into the salad.
Favorite Avocado Recipes
- Southwest Avocado Salad – colorful, filling, and nutritious!
- Avocado Salmon Salad – healthy fresh salad!
- Tomato Avocado Salad – creamy, nutty flavor!
- Avocado Egg Salad – a family favorite
- Cucumber Avocado Salad – rich and creamy!
Did you enjoy this Avocado Corn Salad? Be sure to leave a comment and a rating below!
Avocado Corn Salad
- 2 cups corn or 2 cobs fresh corn
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil + 1 teaspoon
- 1 ½ cups grape tomatoes halved
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 green onion chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 8 cups spring mix
- Toss corn with cumin and salt & pepper to taste. Heat a skillet over medium high heat and add 1 teaspoon oil and corn. Cook 5-7 minutes or until corn begins to brown. Cool completely.
- Cut avocados in half, remove pits, and dice. Squeeze fresh lime juice over avocados and gently toss to combine.
- Add remaining ingredients (except for lettuce) with the cooled corn and avocado to a bowl and gently stir to combine.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes.
- Divide lettuce over bowls and top with corn mixture.
- Optional additions: cheese, bell peppers, cucumbers
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
So glad you loved it Richard!