This colorful, delicious, and healthy tomato avocado salad recipe is the best way to take advantage of the season’s fresh veggies!
Juicy tomatoes, fresh avocados, and sliced onion are tossed with the simplest dressing. This recipe is the perfect “less is more” with little prep, few ingredients, and lots of fresh!
We love that the simplicity of this recipe allows the flavor of the ingredients to shine!
A Flavorful Avocado Salad
- This salad is perfect to take to picnics, parties, and BBQs because it’s both fresh and delicious.
- Don’t let the simple ingredients fool you, it packs big flavor!
- Loaded with super healthy avocados and tomatoes, this recipe has room for extra add-ins like veggies, meat, and cheese.
Ingredients & Variations
Avocado – Creamy, buttery avocados are available year-round. Speed up the ripening process by placing them in a paper bag with an apple or a banana.
Cut avocados in half and remove the pit. Gently slide a paring knife through the flesh of each half vertically in ½” columns and repeat cutting horizontally. This makes little squares. Scoop the diced avocado out with a spoon. Toss with lemon or lime juice to prevent the avocado from turning brown (oxidation).
Tomatoes – Cherry or grape tomatoes gives this dish more visual appeal, however, any freshly diced tomatoes will do! Red, yellow, orange, and purple tomatoes give this salad a unique and colorful look!
Onion – Red onion adds a sweet snap to the salad, but sliced green onions can work, too!
Add-Ins – Marinated artichoke hearts, sliced cucumbers, small cubes of mozzarella or crumbled feta cheese, sweet corn kernels, drained black beans, chopped spinach, croutons, or crostini can make this salad new every time!
How to Make Tomato Avocado Salad
- Prepare tomatoes, onions, & diced avocado; toss with lime juice.
- Add remaining ingredients (& any add-ins) & stir gently.
- Let stand 5 – 10 minutes before serving.
Storing Tomato Avocado Salad
Store in the fridge for up to 2-3 days. Stir and add a little extra lime juice and fresh cilantro.
Tomato avocado salad can’t be frozen, but it can be refreshed by adding new tomatoes and avocados or by adding cooked and cooled pasta like penne, bowtie, or macaroni.
More Avocado Salads
Did you make this Tomato Avocado Salad? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Tomato Avocado Salad
- 3 avocados ripe
- 1 lime
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ cup red onion sliced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped, or parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cut tomatoes and onions. Set aside.
- Cut avocados in half, remove pits and dice. Squeeze fresh lime over avocados and gently toss to combine.
- Add remaining ingredients and gently stir.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!