Cucumber Avocado Salad is filled with crisp cucumbers, rich creamy avocado, and fresh summery dill. It’s all tossed in a simple fresh lemon dressing.
This avocado salad makes the perfect summer side in just minutes! It’s great alongside almost any meal on the grill or makes a filling lunch on its own.
A Fresh Summer Salad
I summer for the produce and the fresh summer salads. We frequently make an avocado salad or a cucumber salad but in this recipe, we put them together for the perfect crisp side dish.
Most often I make cucumber salad with a creamier dressing or a sour cream/Greek yogurt base so this fresh dill dressing is not only easy, it’s a bit lighter in flavor!
More Cucumber Salads
Cucumbers to Use in this Avocado Salad
English Cucumbers – While any variety of cucumber will work in this avocado salad recipe, I prefer to use a long English cucumber (or seedless cucumber). They tend to have thinner skin and fewer seeds, making them the perfect addition.
You can peel English cucumbers if you’d like but there really is no need.
Other –If using a field cucumber, they often have a thicker skin so you can peel it if you’d like and use a spoon to scrape out the seeds.
If you’re looking for a delicious and simple dish to dig into, you’re going to love this Cucumber Avocado Salad.
- Cut the avocado into cubes and immediately toss with a little bit of lemon juice; this keeps it from getting brown (and adds flavor).
- This recipe really relies on the flavor of fresh ingredients so use fresh lemon juice. Bottled juices can sometimes have a bitter aftertaste.
- Depending on the size of your cucumbers and avocados, you may not need all of the dressing. Mix it in a mason jar and add a little bit at a time.
- If you happen to have extra, it’s perfect over a tossed salad and will last about a week in the fridge!
- I love the flavor (and little bit of color) red onion adds to this Cucumber Avocado Salad.
- If you don’t have red onion, you can certainly add in sweet white onions. Be sure to use onions with white papery skin (not the typical yellow-skinned onion), they’re sweeter and milder.
- To take a little bit of the “bite” out of the onion (and make it milder) soak the onion in cold water while preparing the cucumbers and avocado. Optional of course!
More Fresh Cucumber Recipes You’ll Love
Love this Cucumber Avocado Salad as much as we do? We’d love a comment and rating below!
Cucumber Avocado Salad
- 2 ripe avocados cubed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice from ½ lemon
- 1 English cucumber washed and diced
- 2 tablespoons red onion diced
- ¼ cup fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Gently mix together avocado and lemon juice in a medium bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients and gently toss to combine.
- Refrigerate 20 minutes before serving.
- Tossing the avocado with lemon juice keeps it from turning brown and adds flavor. Use fresh lemon juice for the best flavor.
- White onion can be used in place of red onion. Yellow onions are too harsh in this salad and not recommended.
- Soak the onions in a bit of ice water to take a little bit of the “bite” out (and make it milder). Optional of course!
- Depending on the size of your cucumbers and avocados, you may not need all of the dressing. Leftovers are great add over a tossed salad.
- If you’d like to prepare this ahead of time or keep leftovers, prepare all of the ingredients except the avocado. Add the avocado at the time of serving.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
This is a really lovely, fresh salad. A go to for luncheons and summer evening meals.
Could you substitute lemon juice for the vinegar. I’m not a fan of that vinegary taste. Plus the lemon juice will help keep the avacado from browning. I don’t know if vinegar does that or not.
Hi Linda, we have not tried subbing out the vinegar for lemon juice but it sounds like it should work out. I would love to hear how it turns out for you, Linda!
Loved this salad, the dressing was a bit sweet, I added more wine vinegar and lemon to reduce sweetness. Thanks for sharing!
How long will this stay in the fridge?
It’ll last only about a day if you add the avocado. The dressing itself will keep for about a week. To extend the time you can keep it in the refrigerator, I’d suggest mixing up and adding the avocado shortly before serving. It’ll last about 4 days that way. Enjoy Cella!
This was delicious! Great for using up all our extra cucumbers! Thank you.
This salad is awesome – Easy to make and delicious – Even better the next day.
Really like your recipes
Tried the chicken breast marinade
So glad you loved it!
Thank you so much It was very good
This is amazing!!!
Thanks Rainey! So happy you enjoyed it!
Thank you Debbie!
Love your Recipes.
Aww thanks Violet!
Ah-mazing. It was the hit of the dinner tonight! What a great summer time salad.
So glad you enjoyed it Mary! It is definitely a perfect summer salad.
The salad recipe is the most receipe i love
So glad you love it Susi!
I could and would eat this salad every single day! It’s perfect!
Thank you… I was actually thinking of you when I posted this one today! <3