Avocado Egg Salad is a delicious twist on a traditional egg salad with the addition of rich creamy avocado. To take this wrap from ordinary to extraordinary, it’s topped with fresh lettuce, ripe juicy tomatoes, and crisp smoky bacon.
I absolutely love an effortless meal, especially towards the end of summer when I’d much rather be outdoors than in the kitchen over a hot stove!
A Delicious Twist on a Family Favorite
I am excited to have partnered with Flatout to bring you this Avocado Egg Salad; a delicious twist on a family favorite! Bacon, lettuce, tomato, avocado and of course egg all smothered in a creamy avocado dressing to create a salad that is truly unique!
I love everything avocado or avocado inspired (including Avocado Deviled Eggs). Bacon? Can’t live without it! Lettuce? A crisp necessity for any sandwich. So, it’s not a surprise that these three fantastic foods have found their way together to accompany creamy egg salad in this BLT Avocado Egg Salad!
A Great Source of Protein
Egg Salad has been around for centuries. It is suggested that it made its first appearance in the mid 18th century. Eggs, being the least expensive protein, were a solid staple in most homes. To this day eggs remain a convenient, inexpensive protein option, which is why egg salad and egg salad sandwiches are still so popular.
Fast forward to this moment, when inspiration takes flight and a new twist on this old favorite is born. I have combined all the key ingredients of a traditional egg salad; egg, mayonnaise, garlic and chives, and simply added in some extra creamy rich flavor with both mashed and cubed avocados!
What would encase this glorious mountain of sandwich fillings? Flatout Foldit® Flatbread of course! It encases all the yummy goodness in a delicious hand held bite.
Of course any good egg salad starts with perfectly hard boiled eggs. It’s very simple to make perfect eggs if you know how. While they’re great for egg salad, they’re perfect for snacks on the go or to slice up on a piece of toast too!
How to Make Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs
A Crisp and Filling Meal
This Avocado Egg Salad sandwich is a perfect solution for taking on sweet summer picnics, a complete and satisfying sandwich to take on your next road trip, or as a simple and delicious lunch or even dinner on a hot summer day! It is so fresh, crisp and filling and the best part is how easy it is to make!
You will have loads of extra time to soak up the sun or just relax in your backyard with a glass of my Easy Homemade Strawberry Lemonade!
While this Avocado Egg Salad recipe is delicious as written, you can always modify it:
- If you do not have bacon, simply omit it. Or a slice of ham would accompany this sandwich nicely in place of the bacon.
- Not a fan of tomatoes? Try chopped roasted red peppers. So delicious!
- Replace the mayonnaise with your favorite ranch or blue cheese dressing for an extra punch of flavor!
- Replace the Foldit with a Flatout Flatbread for a perfectly portable wrap!
More Great Sandwiches
- Ham Salad – Great for leftovers!
- Classic Tuna Salad – The perfect tuna fish sandwich!
- My Favorite Reuben Sandwich – Deli classic!
- Easy Tuna Melts – Great to feed a crowd!
- The BEST Chicken Salad – Easy make ahead meal!
Avocado Egg Salad
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 1 avocado
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chives thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes
- 12 slices bacon cooked crisp
- salt & pepper to taste
- Mash 1/2 of the avocado with 2 teaspoons of lemon juice.
- Add egg yolks, mayonnaise, garlic powder, salt, pepper and chives. Combine until smooth.
- Chop egg whites. Dice remaining 1/2 of the avocado. Stir egg whites and avocado into the egg yolk mixture.
- Top each flatbread with lettuce, tomato slices, 2 slices of bacon and the avocado egg salad mixture.
REPIN this Easy Recipe
I am excited to have partnered with Flatout® to bring you this yummy summer recipe. Working with great brands I love allows me to keep bringing you the great recipes you love! While I was compensated for this post, all thoughts and opinions are my own.