Avocado Egg Salad is a delicious twist on a traditional egg salad with the addition of rich creamy avocado. To take this wrap from ordinary to extraordinary, it’s topped with fresh lettuce, ripe juicy tomatoes and crisp smoky bacon.
I absolutely love an effortless meal, especially towards the end of summer when I’d much rather be outdoors than in the kitchen over a hot stove!
I am excited to have partnered with Flatout to bring you this BLT Avocado Egg Salad; a delicious twist on a family favorite! Bacon, lettuce, tomato, avocado and of course egg all smothered in a creamy avocado dressing to create a salad that is truly unique!
I love everything avocado or avocado inspired. Bacon? Can’t live without it! Lettuce? A crisp necessity for any sandwich. So, it’s not a surprise that these three fantastic foods have found their way together to accompany creamy egg salad in this BLT Avocado Egg Salad!
Egg Salad has been around for centuries. It is suggested that it made it’s first appearance in the mid 18th century. Eggs, being the least expensive protein, were a solid staple in most homes. To this day eggs remain a convenient, inexpensive protein option, which is why egg salad and egg salad sandwiches are still so popular.
Fast forward to this moment, when inspiration takes flight and a new twist on this old favorite is born. I have combined all the key ingredients of a traditional egg salad; egg, mayonnaise, garlic and chives, and simply added in some extra creamy rich flavor with both mashed and cubed avocados!
What would encase this glorious mountain of sandwich fillings? Flatout Foldit® Flatbread of course! It encases all the yummy goodness in a delicious hand held bite. The best part about using Flatout Foldit is the way it is folded – the filling will not fall out of the bottom! What a delicious and ingenious way to encase these super sandwich fillings!
Of course any good egg salad starts with perfectly hard boiled eggs. It’s very simple to make perfect eggs if you know how. While they’re great for egg salad, they’re perfect for snacks on the go or to slice up on a piece of toast too!
How to Make Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs
This is my fail-proof way to make perfect hard boiled eggs everytime.
- Place large eggs in a single layer in a saucepan.
- Fill with water 1 inch above the eggs.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Once the eggs reach a boil, turn the heat off leaving the pot on the element and cover.
- Leave covered for 12-13 minutes.
- Run eggs under cold water for 5 minutes. Enjoy!
Note: If you use medium eggs, reduce the sitting time by 1 minute. If you use extra large eggs, increase the sitting time by 2 minutes.
If you have an Instant Pot, check here for Instant Pot Hard Boiled eggs.
This Avocado Egg Salad sandwich is a perfect solution for taking on sweet summer picnics, a complete and satisfying sandwich to take on your next road trip, or as a simple and delicious lunch or even dinner on a hot summer day! It is so fresh, crisp and filling and the best part is how easy it is to make!
You will have loads of extra time to soak up the sun or just relax in your backyard with a glass of my Easy Homemade Strawberry Lemonade!
While this BLT Avocado Egg Salad recipe is delicious as written, you can always modify it:
- If you do not have bacon, simply omit it. Or a slice of ham would accompany this sandwich nicely in place of the bacon.
- Not a fan of tomatoes? Try chopped roasted red peppers. So delicious!
- Replace the mayonnaise with your favorite ranch or blue cheese dressing for an extra punch of flavor!
- Replace the Foldit with a Flatout Flatbread for a perfectly portable wrap!
Looking for more delicious meals to soak up the last moments of summer? Find tons of awesome easy recipe ideas here at Flatout!
BLT AVOCADO EGG SALAD
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 1 avocado
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chives thinly sliced
- 6 Flatout Foldit Flatbread traditional white
- 2 to matoes
- 12 slices bacon cooked crisp
- salt & pepper to taste
- Mash 1/2 of the avocado with 2 teaspoons of lemon juice.
- Add egg yolks, mayonnaise, garlic powder, salt, pepper and chives. Combine until smooth.
- Chop egg whites. Dice remaining 1/2 of the avocado. Stir egg whites and avocado into the egg yolk mixture.
- Top each flatbread with lettuce, tomato slices, 2 slices of bacon and the avocado egg salad mixture.
- Fold and enjoy!
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
I am excited to have partnered with Flatout® to bring you this yummy summer recipe. Working with great brands I love allows me to keep bringing you the great recipes you love! While I was compensated for this post, all thoughts and opinions are my own.