This quick and easy cilantro lime dressing recipe adds fresh and zesty flavors to any meal.
With the perfect blend of cilantro, cumin, lime juice, garlic, honey, and olive oil, this dressing will take your dishes to the next level.
Drizzle it over your favorite salads, tacos, or grilled meats for a mouthwatering experience that everyone will love.
A Fresh & Zesty Dressing (or Marinade)
- This quick and easy recipe can be made in just a few minutes with simple ingredients.
- It’s a versatile dressing that can be used on salads, as a marinade, or even as a dip for vegetables or chips.
- The combination of cilantro, lime, garlic, and honey creates a unique and delicious flavor that will elevate any dish.
- It’s a healthier (and less expensive) alternative to store-bought dressings.
How to Make Cilantro Lime Dressing
This recipe is easy since it’s blended in a food processor or blender. Simply
This salad dressing can be made in a few different ways. Chop the cilantro and whisk the ingredients slowly adding in the oil if you don’t have a blender.
You can blend all of the ingredients at once for an oil and vinegar-type dressing or slowly drizzle in the oil with the blender running to create a bit of a creamier dressing so it emulsifies.
Cilantro lime dressing will accommodate a host of variations. This recipe also makes a great marinade for grilled chicken!
- Want a little heat? Add some jalapenos or red pepper flakes to the blender.
- Lemon juice could substitute for the lime in a pinch.
- If you don’t have any honey on hand, agave or sugar will fit the bill.
- Toss in two or three small chunks of avocado if you want to tame the tanginess and add some instant thickening and creamy richness or try 2 tablespoons of Greek yogurt.
How Long Will Cilantro Lime Dressing Last?
Cilantro lime dressing should last up to 7 days in the refrigerator. The acidity of the lime juice helps preserve it, but the flavor will dissipate over time.
How to Store Cilantro Lime Dressing
Cilantro lime dressing stores best in a tightly covered glass jar. Or you can use a plastic bottle. If it separates, just shake or pop it back in the blender to recombine and restore.
With this dressing on hand, you’ll have the perfect and versatile condiment for salads, veggies, or meat entrees.
Did your family love this Cilantro Lime Dressing? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Cilantro Lime Dressing
- ½ cup cilantro leaves and stems, packed
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup light olive oil or canola oil
- In a blender or small food processor, add cilantro, garlic, lime juice, honey, cumin, apple cider vinegar, and light olive oil or canola oil.
- Pulse the ingredients a few times to chop up the cilantro.
- Turn the blender on to low speed and slowly pour in the oil.
- Once all the ingredients are blended, season the dressing with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the dressing to a jar with a tight-fitting lid and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.