Avocado Salmon Salad is a healthy fresh salad that is also kinda’ fancy! Made with salmon, avocado, mixed greens, and a light lemony dressing, this salad recipe is chock full of color, flavor, and nutrition!
The key to this amazing salad is to use fresh salmon fillets and fresh greens, keeping everything crisp and crunchy! Of all the salad recipes to save, this one is sure to impress everyone, especially with delicious grilled salmon this summer!
How to Make Salmon Salad
Salmon salad is elegant enough to serve at a luncheon but also simple enough for a hot summer evening dining al fresco! It’s the perfect way to use leftover baked salmon!
- Salmon: Season and gently sauté in olive oil, and turn over once the flesh starts to become firm and the color is more opaque. Be sure not to overcook!
- Dressing: Combine all the ingredients for the dressing and whisk until well mixed.
- Salad: Toss the remaining salad ingredients together, top with salmon fillets and drizzle with salad dressing.
Garnish the salad with crumbled feta cheese and avocado slices or add your own favorites.
What to Serve With Avocado Salmon Salad?
Cold, poached asparagus makes for a lovely garnish on top of the salad as well as do fresh herbs from the garden!
This fresh summer salad is so delicious there are hardly any leftovers!
- In the Fridge: Avocado Salmon Salad will last in the fridge about a day or two but skip adding the dressing. It needs to be covered so it won’t absorb the flavors or odors of the other items in the fridge. Toss and dress just before serving.
- In the Freezer: The salad portion of this recipe is not suited for the freezer. However, cooked salmon can be frozen but because it is so delicate it will definitely not be as firm once it is thawed. The water in the fish turns to ice crystals and breaks up the fibers in the fish as it freezes.
Once it is thawed, the fish becomes softer. To refresh, simply drain the liquid off and then refresh the flavors by adding a few splashes of lemon juice and a few fresh cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and feta cheese!
Super Salmon Suppers
- Herb Crusted Baked Salmon – an easy favorite!
- Honey Mustard Salmon – delicious with pasta!
- Easy Salmon Patties – perfect side or summer lunch
- Asparagus Salmon Foil Packets – full meal!
- Baked Lemon Butter Salmon Pasta – packed with flavor
- Baked Salmon Fillets – with a citrus ginger marinade
Did you make this Avocado Salmon Salad? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Avocado Salmon Salad
- 4 small salmon filets 6 oz each
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt & pepper
- 8 cups mixed greens
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup cucumbers sliced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 2 avocados halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place all dressing ingredients in a jar and shake well to combine. Refrigerate until serving.
- Preheat olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Season salmon with salt and pepper (and your favorite seasonings if desired).
- Cook salmon 3-4 minutes per side or until salmon reaches 145°F. Do not overcook. Rest 5 minutes.
- Divide greens and salad toppings over the bowls and top with salmon filets.
- Drizzle with dressing and serve.
- Serve with additional lemon wedges if desired.