Air fryer bacon comes out deliciously crispy every time!
Air fryers and bacon make a perfect working partnership. The air fryer is the jack-of-all-trades for making everything in a short time and making clean up a breeze, bacon is no exception!
I rarely fry bacon anymore, no more popping bacon grease or turning the strips over halfway through, either! It’s a win-win! As much as I love making bacon in the oven, I find the air fryer quick and easy to make small batches (although it’s easy to make enough for a crowd too) and cleanup is a breeze!
Air Fryer Bacon is Easy
We love this method for cooking bacon because it is no fuss, no muss, and the fat drips away.
The bacon comes out crisp and evenly cooked bacon every time
How to Cook Bacon in an Air Fryer
- Add a little bit of water to the bottom of a preheated air fryer.
- Place strips in preheated air fryer and cook eight to eleven minutes or until crispy.
- Remove and place on paper towel-lined plate to absorb any remaining grease.
PRO TIP: Adding a touch of water to the bottom of the air fryer is a tip I picked up in an air fryer book. This keeps the grease in the bottom from smoking. Be sure to clean out the bottom of the air fryer between batches.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Bacon
- Use strips that are uniform in size and have an equal ratio of fat to meat.
- If the strips are too long, cut them in half and fry in batches.
- Once all the bacon is done cooking, put the whole batch back in the air fryer for 1 minute so it’s all warm and crispy!
How to Store Air Fryer Bacon
- Keep cooked strips in an airtight container or zippered bag in the refrigerator.
- When it’s time to use a piece or two, simply reheat in the microwave ten seconds at a time until warmed through or in the air fryer 1-2 minutes.
- Chop or sprinkle on salads or casseroles! Air fryer bacon is always ready when you need the perfect topper.
Best Bacon Recipes
- Bacon Grilled Cheese – so cheesy
- Bacon-Wrapped Dates – perfect game-day appetizer
- Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Smokies – a crowd favorite
- The Perfect BLT – fresh and tasty
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Scallops – sweet & salty
Did you love this Air Fryer Bacon? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Crispy Air Fryer Bacon
- 8 slices bacon
- Preheat air fryer to 360°F.
- Once preheated, place a small amount of water in the bottom of the air fryer.
- Place bacon slices in the air fryer in a single layer. (Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cut them in half).
- Cook 8-11 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon and place on a paper towel lined plate.
- Clean the bottom of the air fryer if you will be cooking more batches. Repeat with remaining slices.
- Once all of the bacon is cooked, add it all back into the air fryer and cook 1 minute to heat through and serve all at once.
Once all of the bacon is cooked, add it all back into the air fryer and cook 1 minute to heat through and serve all at once.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)