Pumpkin Cupcakes are the perfect way to get your autumn baking on! They mimic the flavors of pumpkin pie perfectly and taste absolutely amazing with your favorite cream cheese frosting or maple whipped cream!
If you haven’t noticed already, I can not get enough pumpkin in my life around this time of the year. Pumpkin pie, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin everything! So naturally, I really wanted to get some baking done now that the weather has cooled off and I can finally use my oven again.
Pumpkin Cupcakes are the perfect tender handheld bite of pumpkiny goodness! They are simple to whip up and make the entire house smell like pumpkin pie spice. I HAD to taste test them before they were even cool enough to frost!
How To Make Cupcakes
To make cupcakes, start by getting your batter together. For these pumpkin cupcakes, I start with the wet ingredients then add the dry ones.
Line a muffin tray with cupcake liners (this is a fun way to get creative if you are throwing a themed event or party). When you add the batter to the muffin tin, they need to be equally sized so they cook evenly.
The easiest way to do this is to use an ice cream scoop or a freezer bag and pipe the batter into the liners.
Bake the cupcakes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove them from the oven and allow them to cool completely before you add your favorite frosting.
If they are still warm at all, the frosting will melt creating cupcake chaos!
How To Frost Cupcakes
There’s no right or wrong way to frost cupcakes, and all bakers have a method that works for them. Depending on how you want the pumpkin cupcakes to look, you need the right tool for the job! I use a piping bag to keep everything as neat as possible, but a spatula or even a plastic bag will do the trick.
Once pumpkin cupcakes are completely cooled add your favorite frosting!
What Frosting Goes With Pumpkin Cupcakes?
Pumpkin cupcakes work perfectly with any frosting you might use from a Cream Cheese Frosting to a Chocolate Ganache Frosting. I also love to top these with perfectly whipped cream flavored with a little bit of maple extract.
If you aren’t a maple fan, regular vanilla whipped cream works perfectly too!
More Pumpkin Desserts You’ll Love
- Pumpkin Dump Cake (3 Ingredient) – So easy!
- Pumpkin Blondies
- Frosted Pumpkin Cookies Recipe – Soft and buttery.
- Homemade Pumpkin Puree (How to Cook a Pumpkin)
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies – Lunchbox favorite!
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs slightly beaten
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, cornstarch, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl beat the oil, sugar, eggs and pumpkin puree together with a hand blender to mix. Next, add the dry ingredients and continue to blend well, about a minute more.
- Pour batter into lined muffin tins about ⅔ full then bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Cupcake recipe from Argo Cornstarch.
REPIN this Delicious Cupcake Recipe