Pumpkin Pie Spice
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice recipe is a blend of warm fall spices you likely already have in your cupboard, like cinnamon! Learn how to make pumpkin pie spice on your own and save money!
Pumpkin Pie spice is one of those spices I use a few times in the fall but I don’t use it much the rest of the year. I love pumpkin pie desserts like Pumpkin Pie Cookies and Pumpkin Pie Crunch just to name a couple!
It’s the perfect way to give your fall baking that unmistakable spiced flavor.
How to Make Pumpkin Pie Spice
Pin now to save it for later!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
What is in Pumpkin Pie Spice?
There are only five spices used in pumpkin pie spice; cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice and cloves. Traditionally, allspice and ginger were used to flavour pumpkin, but cinnamon has become a popular addition to the blend.
The pumpkin pie spice ingredients are all so aromatic!
- Allspice has slightly strong aroma which some describe as pungent.
- Ginger is slightly warm and spicy.
- Cloves have a strong spicy-sweet scent.
- Cinnamon is a warm, yet soft scent – it just smells like home!
- Nutmeg is fragrant and sort of has a woody or nutty essence.
Why Make Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice? Spices can remain in your cupboard for about 2 years but I do find them to be a little pricey and to be honest, a jar of pumpkin pie spice would probably last me 8 years.
The great news is that you likely have all of the ingredients you need to create your own pumpkin pie spice blend! Mixing spices is a really easy way to enjoy the flavors you love without having to buy tons of different bottles!
How to make Pumpkin Pie Spice
It is truly so easy to prepare this dry pumpkin pie spice mix!
- Simply combine the spices together and stir!
- Store this mix in an airtight container for lasting freshness.
- This recipe will make enough pumpkin pie spice for all your fall, pumpkin treats!
Substitute pumpkin pie spice in place of cinnamon or nutmeg in your favorite fall recipes! I love to sprinkle on top of a pumpkin spice latte for that delicious fall flavor!
Why purchase store bought pumpkin pie spice when you can make the delicious, aromatic blend yourself! It’s so easy to make is the perfect addition to your spice cupboard this fall.
Our Favorite Recipes Using Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Pumpkin Dump Cake (3 Ingredient) – 5 minutes of prep!
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies
- Pumpkin Pancakes – Sunday morning favorite
- Pumpkin Blondies
- Easy Pumpkin Muffins – Make ahead, big batch!
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
This is the perfect addition to all of your fall baking from pumpkin pie to muffins and cakes.
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
Store in an airtight container for up to 2 years.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
More Spice Blends You’ll Love
- Italian Seasoning
- Homemade Cajun Seasoning
- Homemade Poultry Seasoning
- Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix
- Homemade Taco Seasoning Recipe