This really is the Best Carrot Cake and it is one of my most requested dessert recipes of all time. It’s quick, incredibly moist, and homemade.
This cake fully loaded with pineapple, coconut, walnuts and raisins and all topped off with cream cheese frosting. If you like carrot cake, you are going to love this easy, from scratch recipe!
A Classic Dessert
Carrot cake is a classic dessert that I think we’ve all enjoyed! I have sampled and savored countless recipes over the years, and I think it is safe to say that today I am sharing The Best Carrot Cake Recipe ever!
It seems to me there are two types of carrot cakes, the ones that are light and fluffy almost more like a spice cake with carrots and then there are the ones like this which are incredibly moist and fully loaded with goodies from nuts and pineapple to coconut and raisins. I personally prefer the latter!
Everyone seems to have that one dessert they’re known for… this one (along with Caramel Chocolate Poke Cake) is a dessert I am asked for ALL of the time.
Full of Goodies
This easy homemade carrot cake recipe creates a rich cake that is packed full of goodies! It’s completely loaded with pineapple, coconut, walnuts and raisins and it’s impossible to mess up! I’ve made it literally a hundred times (and I think most of the times are for my friend Billy who loves this cake more than anyone else)!
Carrot Cake Additions
The walnuts in this cake add a nice nuttiness which is perfect with the cinnamon, you can certainly substitute pecans if you happen to have them on hand (but walnuts are my favorite in this recipe). Making a cake with crushed pineapple makes it incredibly moist (just like adding zucchini or banana to a cake adds moisture)! I grate my carrots using the larger holes on my cheese grater.
An Easier Way
While a lot of carrot cakes are made in layers, those cakes tend to be a little bit lighter in texture and to be honest, I feel like making a layer cake is a bit too fussy for me. I prefer to bake cakes in a 9×13″ pan with a lid so that we can bake and serve (and even freeze) in the same dish. I find these types of cakes easiest to make and to store.
A Delicious Dessert
In fact, this cake is so good and so moist, you really don’t need frosting but I personally LOVE a good homemade Cream Cheese Frosting on carrot cake. If you prefer, this is also amazing topped with whipped cream. Regardless of how you serve it, this is one dessert that is always a crowd favorite so don’t count on having any leftovers!
This cake is a deliciously rich cake and it’s very moist so I store it in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. It’s best if you bring it to room temperature for serving. Keep in mind that this freezes well, in case you want to bake now and savor later!
More Great Cake Recipes
- Tres Leches Cake – Easy and delicious!
- Easy Apple Cake Recipe – with a cream cheese filling!
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting – So moist!
- Zucchini Cake – Family favorite!
- Simple Chocolate Cake – Simple & decadent!
BEST EVER CARROT CAKE
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup walnuts chopped
- 1 8 oz can crushed pineapple, drained
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9×13 pan.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon with a whisk. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together eggs, buttermilk, applesauce, oil, sugar and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture just until mixed. Add carrots, coconut, walnuts, pineapple and raisins and mix until combined.
- Pour into prepared pan for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely and frost with cream cheese frosting.