Easy to make, the best Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are soft, fluffy and moist!
Filled with chocolate chips and fresh bananas this warm treat can be enjoyed by your family on any given day. Not only is this quick and easy to make but only requires a few pantry staples.
Why We Love This Recipe
- Banana chocolate chips muffins are a super easy recipe that is made with simple ingredients.
- They are fluffy and moist with a sweet banana flavor and a few jolts of delicious semi-sweet AND milk chocolate chips!
- They are a good way to use up ripe bananas and they freeze well for later!
- They are great not just for breakfast but are a great after school snack. They even make a nice little dessert when warmed up and served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. The sky is the limit for these tasty muffins.
Ingredients & Variations
Similar to the ingredients found in a classic banana bread with the addition of chocolate chips!
For this recipe we use all purpose flour. You can also substitute up to 1/3 of the flour with quick oats with great results!
Adding chocolate chips makes for the perfect sweet treat. Mini chips, white chocolate chips or even milk chocolate chips will work in this recipe too!
This recipe is a perfect way to use up overripened bananas! If your bananas aren’t quite ready you can ripen them quickly by popping them in a 350°F oven for 10-15 mins wrapped in foil!
You can also add in up to 2 tablespoons of peanut butter to make peanut butter banana chocolate chip muffins! Yum!
When it comes to measuring flour, don’t use your measuring cups to scoop it out of the bag or container, rather use a spoon or scoop to scoop it into this measuring cup. This helps to avoid muffins that are too dense. Check out this How to Measure Flour guide for more helpful tips!
How to Make Banana Muffins
Mixing these treats up will take only a few minutes out of a busy day!
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Add both kinds of chocolate chips.
- Combine wet ingredients in a bowl. Slowly add dry to wet until just combined (do not overmix).
- Bake until a toothpick comes out clean. Do not over bake.
Muffin Baking Times
- For mini muffins, bake 14 to 16 minutes
- For regular-sized muffins, bake 18 to 20 minutes
- For Texas (jumbo) sized muffins, bake 20 to 22 minutes
How to Store
The best way to store banana chocolate chip muffins is to keep them in a zippered bag or an airtight container at room temperature. They will keep about 5 days.
To freeze, either wrap them individually in a layer of plastic wrap under a layer of aluminum foil or put them in a zippered bag with the date on it and pop them in the freezer! A frozen muffin will be defrosted by lunchtime for a delicious surprise! Easy peasy!
More Easy Banana Recipes
- Classic Banana Bread – perfectly simple
- Banana Oatmeal Cookies – extra soft & delicious
- Easy Banana Bread – a no-fail favorite!
- Banana Muffins – perfect grab-and-go snack
- Grandpa’s Banana Cupcakes – fun and tasty treat
- Banana Breakfast Cookies – loaded with healthy ingredients!
- Easy Banana Bran Muffins – soft & moist
Did you enjoy these Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup mashed bananas about 3 medium
- 1 large egg room temperature
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Combine sugar, bananas, egg, oil, and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Add dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Pour into prepared muffin tin and bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Do not overbake.
- Cool 5 minutes in the pan before removing and cooling on a baking rack.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
This is an AMAZING recipe. I change it up and add different things (nuts, oats, applesauce, hemp hearts, seeds, etc) but the base is so great that they always turns out. I’ve shared this recipe with so many friends and they all agree – best one for a go to no fail muffin of joy and happiness.
These are the most delicious muffins I’ve ever made. They’re moist and have. great flavor. Thank you!
Enjoyed making your recipe! Thank you for sharing! Everyone loves them!
This recipe is so good! Very easy to follow and turned out delicious. I only had milk chocolate chips so I used them. I added a few to the tops of the muffins when I scooped them into the tray. Extra pretty!
Delicious! Moist, light, and loads of chocolate and banana flavour!
Nice good favor. Easy to put together. I ended up with 12 regular sized muffins.
These were SO GOOD!! i just made them and they’re so moist and chocolatey and were a hit:) I also added a little bit of cinnamon for fun and I think it turned out well, so go for it if you’re a cinnamon fan. Thanks for the recipe!
These were so easy to make with my 3 year old and are absolutely delicious!
This is my go to banana muffin recipe. I’ve tried a bunch of other recipes but these are the kids favourite… with or without chocolate chips. Delicious and easy! Also a go to for feeding a friend in need of some love.
easy & delicious! I’ve made these delightful muffins a couple of times, I have reduced the sugar to 1/2 cup! Thank you Holly lovely recipe
Wow!!! I always come here for your good recipes and they are easy for this busy mom!!! Thank you I made these and they are quickly disappearing. Thank you!!!
Quick, simple and absolutely delicious!
I have made these at least twice now, and each time my coworkers love them! My favorite part is how easy the recipe is. I cut the sugar and use some alternative natural sweeteners, and it comes out great!
Wow wow wow!!! I just made these and they are SO GOOD!!! The most fluffy and moist banana muffins I’ve ever made, hands down! Thank you so much, saving this recipe for sure!!
I make this at least once a week- me and my kiddos devour them! It doubles well also. I use about 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips and bake for 20 minutes. They crown well when you fill flat to the top of the muffin cup!