Sweet, chewy, cinnamon-sugared Pumpkin Blondies are great festive fall treats! Flavored with real pumpkin and seasonal pumpkin spice, these treats are utterly addictive!
There are few things that I enjoy as much as Fall baking. The changing leaves, cooler weather (I’m still waiting for that to arrive — it was nearly 90 degrees here today!), the coziness and the seasonal spices that start popping up in everything… it’s such a fun and festive season and I spend as much of it as I can in my kitchen.
Fall is baking weather, it’s time to put aside the no-bake recipes and salads (no matter how beloved and addictive they are — I’m looking at you broccoli salad), and turn the heat up to 350 degrees. It’s time to break out the pumpkin.
Pumpkin was the perfect and obvious addition for these simple, sweet blondies. Make sure when you buy your canned pumpkin you pick up 100% pumpkin puree (it should say it right on the label) and not Pumpkin Pie filling as the two are often sold side by side and pure pumpkin is what this recipe calls for.
A generous, complementary addition of pumpkin spice makes the flavor irresistible, and I topped them off with a sprinkling of cinnamon and sugar. It adds just the right texture to the soft blondie bars.
These Pumpkin Blondies taste wonderful still warm out of the oven… and even better when served with a side of vanilla ice cream and drizzled with homemade caramel sauce 😉. They stay soft for days, if you can get them to last that long — I served these at a game night and they were devoured in a matter of minutes.
These blondies are soft, chewy, and buttery. They’re seriously irresistible and almost melt in your mouth, and I really think that you’re going to love them as much as I do.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- Fluffy Pumpkin Pie Dip
- Snickerdoodle Blondies
- Easy Pumpkin Bars
- Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ⅔ cup pumpkin puree*
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour + 2 tablespoons
- 1 ½ teaspoon pumpkin spice
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¾ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare a 13×9 pan by lining with parchment paper or lightly spraying with baking spray. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together butter and sugars until well combined.
- Add pumpkin puree, egg yolk, and vanilla extract. Beat until combined
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, pumpkin spice, salt, and baking powder.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to wet, stirring on low speed until completely combined.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared baking pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons white sugar and ¾ teaspoon cinnamon.
- Evenly sprinkle over blondie batter.
- Transfer to oven and bake on 350°F for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool before cutting and serving.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!