Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are a soft and moist cookie with just the perfect amount of pumpkin flavor.
Fall signals the time for so many things. Getting back to school and the return of cooler weather! And last, but not least, baking up our favorite pumpkin recipes!
These pumpkin cookies are so soft and the perfect after lunch treat!
As much as we love a traditional batch of Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies once fall hits, I’m ready to add pumpkin to all. the. things.
These easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies fit right in with my favorite pumpkin line up! Just give me a steamy mug of coffee or a tall glass of milk and I’m in heaven!
How to Make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are made using a similar process for many other cookies, the difference being that the dough is chilled just before baking in this recipe.
- Combine all dry ingredients together and set aside (per recipe below).
- Mix together the butter, sugars and vanilla until fluffy. Add pumpkin puree and egg.
- Combine the two mixtures and stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop onto a baking pan and then place in the refrigerator for a few minutes (this stops the cookies from spreading) .
- Bake and enjoy.
These pumpkin cookies should be just slightly underdone in the center when you take them out of the oven and lightly browned on the bottom. This will produce a softer, chewier cookie.
Just link in a banana cookie, pumpkin adds moisture to these. It is important to keep in mind that these cookies will change texture to be a little bit more cake-like if stored in an airtight container (similar to how Banana Bread that gets moister after it sits).
You can freeze Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies either before or after baking, making this the perfect cookie!
If you have a craving for pumpkin and chocolate, these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies from scratch are the perfect fix! Ooey gooey goodness in each bite!
More Pumpkin Recipes You’ll Love
- Pumpkin Pancakes – Like eating dessert for breakfast!
- Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Blondies – Perfect with coffee.
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- Fluffy Pumpkin Pie Dip – Reader favorite
- Pumpkin Pie Crescents – So easy.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup butter slightly softened
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, white sugar and vanilla. Add pumpkin puree and egg and mix well.
- Stir the flour mixture into the creamed mixture then add the chocolate chips until fully incorporated.
- Using a 1 ½ tablespoon scoop, drop onto un-greased cookie sheets. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Press cookies down slightly then bake in preheated oven for 14-16 minutes. Allow to cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack.