This is the ULTIMATE Pumpkin Cake! So moist and delicious with my absolute favorite cream cheese frosting! This extra moist pumpkin cake will easily become one of your favorite fall recipes!
Ultimate Pumpkin Cake
This Pumpkin Cake is to die for! It has my favorite cream cheese frosting, mini chocolate chips, and the pumpkin in this recipe not only adds great flavor, it also keeps the cake irresistibly moist. I probably could’ve sat down with the pan and a fork and eaten the whole thing. I didn’t, but I sure wanted to!
Cream Cheese Frosting for Pumpkin Cake
The frosting on this pumpkin cake is one of my favorite frosting recipes of all time! It does make quite a bit, if you happen to have leftover frosting (is that even a thing??) it’s amazing on pancakes, banana bread and eaten from a spoon.
Items You’ll Need For This Recipe
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- 1 3/4 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 8 oz cream cheese , softened
- 1/3 cup butter , softened
- 3 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9x13 pan.
- In a large bowl combine flour baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a separate bowl, combine sugar, oil, vanilla, pumpkin and eggs.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the flour mixture and gently stir until combined. Do not overmix. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cream together cream cheese and butter. Add in powdered sugar a little at a time. Add in vanilla and turn mixer on medium high and mix until light and fluffy!
More Recipes You’ll Love