If you like Magic Cookie Bars, you’ll love this rich peanutty version!
A peanut butter cookie base is topped with chocolate chunks, peanut butter chips and of course sweetened condensed milk. It’s all baked up into the perfect decadent treat.
What are Magic Bars?
Magic bar recipes are any combination of a base like a cookie dough or a graham crust, then a mixture of toppings and sweetened condensed milk, and then baked to gooey perfection! They’re mix-and-match magic! This version is the perfect combination of peanut butter cookies and chocolate.
- This is a quick and easy cookie bar recipe that comes together quickly.
- No mixing up ingredients, simply layer and bake.
- Mix up the variations for a new dessert every time.
Ingredients and Variations
BASE: Peanut butter cookie dough is the perfect base for these magic cookie bars, but any pre-made cookie dough will work. Sugar cookie, chocolate chip, even an oatmeal cookie dough base sounds delish!
TOPPINGS: Oreos, chocolate chunks, peanut butter chips, and toffee bits are our toppings of choice! Nuts and/or coconut can replace some or all of the Reese’s Pieces.
How to Make Peanut Butter Magic Bars
- Press peanut butter cookie dough in the bottom of a prepared baking dish & bake.
- Sprinkle half the crushed cookie pieces, chocolate chunks, peanut butter chips, & toffee bits over the cookie layer.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk over the top of the magic bars. Top with remaining crushed Oreo cookies & sprinkle on Reese’s pieces.
- Bake per recipe below until the sweetened condensed milk turns a caramel brown color.
Remove magic bars & let them cool for 2 hours before cutting. These bars are rich so we like to cut them into small pieces.
PRO TIP: It’s easier to cut these into bars by lifting the entire sheet out on a large cutting board. Then simply use a sharp knife to create evenly sized bars.
How to Store
- Keep peanut butter magic bars in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Freeze cooled and cut bars in zippered bags to pop out whenever a snack attack hits, they thaw in just a few minutes if cut individually.
More Peanut Butter Favorites
- No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Lasagna (Video)
- Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
- Peanut Butter Balls
- Peanut Butter Cookie Cups
Did you make these Peanut Butter Cookie Magic Bars? Leave us a rating and a comment below!
Peanut Butter Cookie Magic Bars
- 16 ounces Ready-to-Bake refrigerated peanut butter cookies
- 16 Oreos chopped and divided
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- ½ cup peanut butter chips
- ½ cup Heath Bits o' Brickle Toffee Bits
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup Reese's Pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 9x13-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Press the peanut butter cookie dough evenly into the bottom of the pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- After baking, sprinkle half of the Oreos, all of the chocolate chunks, peanut butter chips, and toffee bits over the top of the cookie layer.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the top and cover as evenly as possible, but it doesn't need to fully cover.
- Layer with the remaining Oreos and Reese's pieces.
- Bake for an additional 25 to 30 minutes. The condensed milk will begin to have a caramel color when it's done.
- Remove from the oven allow the bars to cool in the pan for at least 2 hours before removing and slicing.
Nuts and/or coconut can replace some or all of the Reese's Pieces.
These bars can be kept at room temperature for up to 4 days.
To Freeze: Store in an airtight container or freezer bag, they should keep in the freezer for about 3 months.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.