Peanut Butter Lasagna has layers of fluffy peanut butter filling, rich chocolatey pudding and a sweet whipped topping all nestled on a chocolate Oreo cookie crust. This easy no bake dessert can be made ahead of time and is a potluck favorite!
This Peanut Butter Lasagna is an amazing dessert recipe that is both light and rich at the same time! Chocolate lasagna has been a long time favorite in my household… and very few things go better with chocolate than peanut butter!
The bottom layer is a no bake Oreo cookie crumb base but any flavor of sandwich cookies (including Nutter Butters) would work perfectly in this recipe. I do use the whole Oreo in this base, including the frosting. You will get the best results using a food processor or blender to get fairly fine crumbs. If you don’t have access to a food processor, you can certainly place the cookies in a freezer bag and crush them with a rolling pin. Once mixed you’ll want to press them into the pan as firmly as possible (I sometimes use another pan the same size and press it firmly on top to get a smooth surface).
Refrigerating each portion of this peanut butter lasagna between layers just for a couple of minutes gives it just enough time to set up before adding the next layer!
The chocolate pudding layer uses two boxes of chocolate pudding mix (4 servings size each) along with milk. You’re going to want to add a bit less milk than the box calls for which makes the pudding layer a little bit thicker and the dessert will hold it’s shape better.
Once made, Peanut Butter Lasagna will last in the fridge for a few days so it’s the perfect make ahead dessert for summer parties! I use a 9×13 glass pan that has a lid making transport and storage easy. We add the toppings just before serving to keep the chocolate sauce from soaking into the whipped topping.
The best thing about this perfect summer time dessert: no baking is required … and no oven in the summer time is a great idea in my books! This is loved by my whole family… you’ll be amazed at how something can be so rich yet so light at the same time!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Lasagna
- 36 Oreo Cookies
- ⅓ cup butter melted
PEANUT BUTTER LAYER
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 ½ cups whipped topping such as Cool Whip
- 2 boxes of instant chocolate pudding 4 servings size
- 2 ¾ cups milk
- whipped topping
- 1 bag of Reese’s Mini Peanut Butter Cups
- peanut butter chips
- Chocolate Syrup optional
- In a food processor, finely crush oreo cookies. Stir in melted butter. Press into a 9″ x13″ pan or glass dish. Place in the freezer while preparing the next layer.
PEANUT BUTTER LAYER
- With mixer on medium, cream cheese, milk & peanut butter until fluffy. Slowly add in powdered sugar. Gently fold in whipped topping.
- Spread the peanut butter layer on the Oreo crust. Place in the freezer while preparing the next layer.
- In a bowl, mix together both boxes of pudding mix and milk. (Note: This will be less milk than called for on the box. You want this layer a little bit thicker than pudding.)
- Spread the pudding onto the peanut butter layer. Place in the fridge and allow to set for about 5 minutes.
- Top with remaining whipped topping, chopped Reese’s Mini Pieces, peanut butter chips and chocolate sauce if desired. Refrigerate at least 3 hours.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Here are a few more recipes you’ll love