These easy Peanut Butter Cookies are soft and chewy and so easy to make! Peanut butter is one of our biggest obsessions these days, and these peanut butter cookies are one treat that no one can refuse!
Easy Peanut Butter Cookies
Can You Use Natural Peanut Butter in Cookies? While you can use natural peanut butter in cookies, you may need to add more salt if using natural peanut butter. The key reason to use regular peanut butter is that natural peanut butter tends to cause the cookies to spread more than we like and be more crisp than chewy.
To Make Soft Peanut Butter Cookies: Some peanut butter cookies end up hard and crunchy, but we love ours soft and chewy with just the perfect amount of crispy edges and these are all that and more.
These peanut butter cookies are full of peanut butter flavor with no chocolate or anything to distract from the main event (but if you wanted to add a chocolate drizzle over top, no one here would judge!).
If your family is like ours, cookies are one of our favorite things to have on hand for easy snacks! These Easy Triple Chocolate Cookies, Easy Sugar Cookies, and these Cake Mix Cookies are some of our other favorites.
How To Make Peanut Butter Cookies:
To make homemade peanut butter cookies from scratch, simply:
- Cream butter and peanut butter until smooth. Whip sugar in until it’s light and fluffy!
- Beat in eggs and vanilla, just until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients, be sure to fluff and level flour to avoid dry, crumbly cookies! Mix until the dough forms.
Bake Until Soft
Bake, but don’t overbake! Overbaked cookies are dry and hard and not soft and chewy as they should be. Bake until they appear just set, even a little glossiness in the center is okay. They will continue setting up on the hot pan out of the oven.
How to Store Peanut Butter Cookies:
There are two ways to store these peanut butter cookies if you happen to have leftovers that last beyond the first couple hours on the counter ;)
- Room Temperature: You can store these cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4-6 days (they will last past that point, they just won’t be as good). The only problem with storing them at room temperature is you know they’re not going to last long! The freezer is a much safer option ;)
- In the Freezer: These cookies can be frozen in an airtight container or freezer bag up to 3 months. This means you always have something delicious on hand if surprise guests drop in or you need an after school snack!
More Awesome Cookie Recipes!
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies – soft and chewy!
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies – ready in 20 mins
- Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies – no chilling required
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars – tasty cookie bar!!
- Peanut Butter Blossoms – so lovely!
- Funfetti Cookies – perfect home-baked goodness!
Peanut Butter Cookies
- ¾ cup smooth peanut butter not natural
- ¾ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer (a paddle attachment on a stand mixer works best for this recipe), beat peanut butter and butter until smooth.
- Add sugars and beat on high speed until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat on low speed until combined.
- Add flour (fluffed and leveled!), baking soda and salt and beat on low speed just until cookie dough comes together.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll into 1" balls and place 2" apart on baking sheets. Press down slightly with fork.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, just until set (a slight glossy sheen in the very center is okay). Remove and let cool on baking sheets before moving to an air tight container to store.