This easy recipe for peanut butter cookie cups is super quick to prep and needs only 2 ingredients to make!
In this recipe, peanut butter cookie dough is baked in the oven, then stuffed with mini Reese chocolate peanut butter cups for a tasty surprise. It’s doesn’t get any easier than these sweet and chewy cookie cups!
An Easy Cookie Cup
- Just two ingredients are needed unless you’d like to make homemade cookie dough of course!
- Swap out peanut butter cups with other candies, piece of chocolate, or mini caramel cups if you can find them.
- Use chocolate chip cookie dough or sugar cookie mix, and feel free to change up the filling inside too.Simple Ingredients
COOKIE DOUGH Any type of ready-made cookie dough will work perfectly for this easy recipe. Pillsbury peanut butter cookie dough is always great, but chocolate chip or double chocolate will taste amazing too!
PEANUT BUTTER CUPS Reese’s mini peanut butter cups are the candy of choice for peanut butter cookie cups. They press nicely inside the dough, creating perfect little stuffed cookie muffins.
- Variations can go wherever the imagination takes them. Chocolate kisses taste amazing wrapped in chocolate chip cookie dough.
- Try S’mores cookie cups made with coconut sugar cookie cups, a marshmallow, and topped with some Hershey’s chocolate.
- Try brownies with milk duds pressed inside. Or go for white chocolate cookie cups with strawberry cheesecake filling.
- The choices are endless. It’s even possible to make this recipe into bars by pressing a row of mini Reese peanut butter cups into each bar before cooling.
How to Make
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3:
- Press a piece of dough into each well of a mini muffin tin.
- Bake (per recipe instructions below).
- Press a mini peanut butter cup into the center of each cookie and cool completely.
How to Store
Store peanut butter cookie cups in an airtight container for up to one week. Place in a single layer to keep the peanut butter cups from melting onto each other. Store in the refrigerator for even longer. These also freeze indefinitely but will stay fresh and tasty for up to three months.
Peanut Butter Perfection
- Peanut Butter Magic Cookie Bars – layers of decadence
- Peanut Butter Blossoms – quick & easy
- Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge – incredibly delicious
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars – crunchy & sweet
- Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats – kids love these!
Did you make these Peanut Butter Cookie Cups? Leave us a rating and a comment below!
Peanut Butter Cookie Cups
- 1 package ready to bake peanut butter cookie dough 16 ounces, or homemade cookie dough
- 24 Reese’s miniature peanut butter cups
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a mini muffin pan.
- Fill each well of the muffin pan with a piece of cookie dough (about 1 tablespoon).
- Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned on the edges. While the cookies are baking, unwrap the peanut butter cups.
- Remove the pan from the oven and gently press a peanut butter cup into the center of each cookie. Let cool for 1-2 hours in the pan.
- Gently loosen the cookies by spinning them in the pan. A small knife can help remove them if needed.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)