Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats are a salty twist on the classic no-bake snack made with butter, Rice Krispies, marshmallows, vanilla, and peanut butter! Drizzle with a chocolate topping, this dessert recipe is pure heaven and EASY to make!
A variation on traditional Rice Krispies Treats, this peanut butter version packs flavor and is still super simple to make just like another chocolatey favorite…Chocolate Oreo Rice Krispie Treats, OR, a peanut buttery favorite, Peanut Butter Balls!
How To Make Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Treats
This is as easy as 1, 2, 3, and as delicious as can be!
- Melt the butter and peanut butter together and then melt the marshmallows.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spread into a foil-lined 9×13″ baking pan and allow to sit for 20 minutes.
Once set you can spread melted chocolate on top, dip each bar in chocolate, or drizzle with chocolate topping!
Can I Substitute Marshmallow Fluff for Marshmallows?
If you don’t have marshmallows and you do have marshmallow fluff, you can definitely use this as a substitute.
Use one jar (7.5 ounces) of marshmallow creme in place of 4 cups of mini marshmallows. So, in this case, you’d need two jars to make a full recipe.
Can Rice Krispies Treats Be Frozen?
After making your batch, wait for it to completely cool. Place in an airtight container, using wax paper to separate layers, and freeze for a maximum of 6 weeks.
They take about 15 minutes to thaw at room temperature.
- Spray your hand with nonstick spray for easy handling.
- Fresh marshmallows always work and taste best.
- If you can’t get enough nutty goodness, use peanut butter Rice Krispies in place of plain crispy rice cereal to intensify the deliciousness.
- You can also throw in some mini chocolate chips for extra decadence.
More Delicious No Bake Treats!
- Fruity Pebbles Treats – Kids love these fruity squares
- No Bake Oatmeal Cookies – A classic everyone will love!
- Oreo No Bake Cheesecake – So easy and so good!
- Turtle Rice Krispie Treats – ready in 20 mins
- Cookie Dough Truffles – Edible cookie dough dipped in chocolate? Yes, please!
Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- 4 Tablespoons salted butter
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 10 cups mini marshmallows divided
- 8 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate melting wafers
Line a 9x13-inch baking dish with aluminum foil and spray it with non-stick spray and set aside.
Melt the butter and peanut butter in a large pot. Add in 8 cups of mini marshmallows and stir continuously until the marshmallows have melted.
Add in the cereal, vanilla, and remaining 2 cups of mini marshmallows and stir until the cereal is evenly coated.
Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish, spray your hands with non-stick spray and gently press the mixture into the pan. Don't press down too hard or you'll end up with hard treats.
Allow the treats to cool for about 20 minutes before removing from the pan and slicing into 15 squares.
Melt the chocolate melting wafers in the microwave on 30-second intervals, stirring between each one, until fully melted. Dip the squares in the chocolate or drizzle the chocolate over the squares. Allow the chocolate to harden.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)