These crunchy, buttery little bites are delicious when sprinkled over a salad or soup, or as a light snack by the handful! It’s a great and easy way to use up stale bread, and takes less than 15 minutes, including baking!
Feel free to play with the seasonings! I’ve tried these with rosemary, basil, oregano, a pinch of cayenne and many more! While this version is my favorite, it’s fun to play with the seasonings and cheeses!
Parmesan Garlic ‘n Herb Croutons 2 Ways! (Regular or Light)
- 12-14 slices bread
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
Treat bread into cubes and place in a large bowl.
Pour the melted butter or margarine evenly over the bread cubes
- Gently toss with seasonings and cheese.
- Bake at 350 for approximately 10 minutes, checking frequently to make sure they aren't getting too dark.
- Remove and cool when they are lightly golden brown.
- Serve on top of a salad, soup or in a bowl as a snack!
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)