This BLT salad recipe is fresh, crispy and so incredibly tasty with a dressing so good you’ll want to lick it right off the spoon!
Juicy ripe tomatoes, crisp smoky bacon, and a sprinkle of your favorite cheese over fresh crunchy lettuce. Drizzle this with a creamy herb dressing and you’ve got the makings of the perfect salad.
Why We Love this Salad
Because it tastes like a BLT sandwich kicked up a notch! It’s crispy, crunchy, salty, smoky, juicy and so flavorful.
The dressing is creamy and full of herbs but just needs a few ingredients and a shake in a mason jar.
It’s naturally low carb and can easily be topped with grilled chicken if you’d like, it is the perfect way to usher in the warmer months!
BLT Salad Ingredients
Anything that goes into a regular BLT sandwich can be made into a salad! All that’s needed is a few easy to find ingredients.
- Crumbled bacon and tomato – required and perfect. Use pre-cooked bacon or cook some up in the oven.
- For the lettuce, choose crispy crunchy; a chopped head of romaine and iceberg lettuce
- Cheese – either chopped or shredded cheddar or even blue cheese are great in this recipe, use what you love!
- Easy creamy dressing below has heaps of flavor or use your favorite ranch or blue cheese dressings.
- Green onions for flavor (or you can add thinly sliced red onion) and of course croutons for crunch.
Feel free to add avocado, a sliced hard-boiled egg or two, or maybe some corn for color. Turn it into a CLUB sandwich salad and some baked chicken breast or leftover turkey for an extra protein punch!
How to Make a BLT Salad
This easy two-step process starts with a homemade creamy dressing. Once ready toss with your salad and enjoy!
Homemade Creamy Salad Dressing
The tangy dressing complements the flavors of bacon and tomato in this salad. It also makes a great dip for fresh veggies, too!
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a mason jar and shake to combine.
- Keep dressing in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Easy BLT Salad
Once the dressing is prepped it is quick to assemble!
- Place chopped lettuce in a bowl and top with remaining ingredients.
- Drizzle with dressing and serve immediately.
For a lunchtime treat, put the salad in a zippered bag or container and put the dressing in a separate container to dress when it’s time to enjoy.
Leftover BLT salad can be kept up to 3 days in the refrigerator if it is in a covered container.
Just refresh the flavors with a little extra salt and pepper and serve! BLT Salad is perfect in a wrap or piled onto a toasted ciabatta roll!
Best Salad Recipes
- Spinach Salad – with warm bacon dressing
- Chicken Fajita Salad – a fiesta in a bowl
- Easy Arugula Salad – light, refreshing & easy
- Cobb Salad – fresh favorite all year long
- Classic Wedge Salad – with a tangy rich dressing
Have you tried this BLT Salad? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
- ½ head iceberg lettuce chopped
- 1 romaine heart chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- 2 tomatoes cut into chunks or 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup bacon cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions sliced
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese or cheddar or feta cheese
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dry dill or 1 teaspoon fresh
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Combine dressing ingredients in a mason jar and shake well come combine.
- Place lettuce in a large bowl and top with remaining ingredients.
- Drizzle with dressing and serve.
- Use pre-cooked bacon or cook some up in the oven.
- Wash lettuce up to 3 days in advance, shake dry, and store in the fridge.
- If using store bought dressings, ranch or blue cheese pair well.
Chopped Boiled Eggs