Fresh, crisp, and irresistibly flavorful, this BLT Salad is an all-time favorite.
Packed with fresh greens, juicy tomatoes, crumbled bacon, and cheese, it packs a classic BLT sandwich goodness in every bite.
Drizzle this with a creamy herb dressing, and enjoy for a light lunch or a side at dinner.
An Easy Favorite Salad
- Enjoy the traditional BLT sandwich in a refreshing, salad form.
- It’s fresh and crispy, salty and smoky and it comes together in no time, perfect for busy weeknights.
- It can be served as a fill meal or as a side dish, and the ingredients are easily customizable to your taste.
- The dressing is creamy and full of herbs but just needs a few ingredients and a shake in a mason jar.
- It’s naturally low-carb and can easily be topped with grilled chicken if you’d like, it is the perfect dinner during warmer months.
BLT Salad Ingredients
Anything that goes into a regular BLT sandwich can be made into a salad! All that’s needed is a few easy-to-find ingredients.
- Lettuce: Iceberg and romaine lettuce are the base of this salad and have a satisfying crunch
- Parsley: Two tablespoons, chopped. For a hint of freshness.
- Tomatoes: Cut a fresh tomato into chunks, or use halved cherry tomatoes for a sweet and juicy pop.
- Bacon: If time allows, cook your own bacon for the best flavor (we place it on a rimmed baking sheet and cook bacon in the oven). If you’re short on time, use real bacon bits but crisp them in the microwave first. Substitute turkey bacon if you’d prefer.
- Green Onions: We love the savory flavor they add; replace them with thinly sliced red onion if you’d like.
- Cheese: Choose blue cheese, cheddar, or feta – take your pick!
How to Make a BLT Salad
- Add the dressing ingredients to a jar and shake to combine.
- Place chopped lettuce in a bowl and top with remaining ingredients per the recipe below.
- Drizzle with dressing and serve immediately.
To make ahead, put the salad in a zippered bag or container and put the dressing in a separate container to dress when it’s time to enjoy.
Dressing for BLT Salad
The tangy dressing complements the flavors of bacon and tomato in this salad. It also makes a great dip for fresh veggies, too!
Leftover BLT salad can be kept for up to 3 days in the refrigerator if it’s in a covered container.
Just refresh the flavors with a little extra salt and pepper and serve! BLT salad is perfect in a wrap or piled onto a toasted ciabatta roll!
Have you tried this BLT Salad? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
- ½ head iceberg lettuce chopped
- 1 romaine heart chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes cut into chunks or 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup crumbled bacon about 1lb bacon, cooked
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese or 1/2 cup shredded cheddar or crumbled feta cheese
- ⅓ cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup buttermilk or 2—3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried dill or 1 teaspoon fresh
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Place lettuce in a large bowl and top with remaining ingredients.
- In a mason jar with a lid, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, buttermilk or milk, lemon juice, sugar, onion powder, dill, and garlic powder. Shake well to combine and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss well to combine. Serve immediately.
- Use pre-cooked bacon or cook some up in the oven.
- Wash lettuce up to 3 days in advance, shake dry, and store in the fridge.
- If using store bought dressings, ranch or blue cheese pair well.
Chopped Boiled Eggs
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.