Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad is the perfect meal to enjoy all summer long.
Juicy blackened chicken breasts, crisp lettuce, and a shortcut Caesar salad dressing make this salad an easy favorite!
Enjoy this salad for lunch or dinner or even tuck it into a tortilla for a chicken Caesar wrap.
- Chicken Caesar salad is both easy and delicious to make at home!
- This salad can be prepared ahead and then tossed together right before serving.
- The chicken is great served hot or cold, while you’re cooking, grill extra chicken breasts to use in recipes all week long!
Ingredients for Grilled Chicken Caesar
Chicken breasts- Pound the chicken breasts to ½-inch thick so it cooks quickly and evenly, or use boneless chicken thighs in place. No time to prep and grill? Use a rotisserie chicken instead!
Lettuce – Romaine lettuce is classic for Caesar salads, but kale Caesar salad is amazing too!
Dressing – This is a quick shortcut caesar dressing, but if you’re short on time, use your favorite bottled brand and add a splash of lemon juice and some extra parmesan cheese to uplevel the flavors.
Variations – Grilled shrimp, garlic butter steak bites, or a scoop of buffalo chicken will make this salad new every time! Add your favorite pasta to make this hearty side dish. Or make grab-and-go grilled chicken wraps for energizing workday lunches!
How to Make Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
- Make dressing and chill in the refrigerator.
- Cook seasoned chicken breasts on a preheated grill and cook. Check the internal temp before removing breasts (as per the recipe below).
- Combine romaine, croutons, and 1/3 cup parmesan cheese.
- Add dressing and toss.
- Place slices of chicken on the salad and sprinkle extra parmesan cheese on top
- Serve immediately with a lemon wedge.
Tips for Perfect Caesar Salad
- For extra juicy chicken, remove chicken breasts just shy of 165°F as they’ll continue to cook a bit as they rest.
- Keep leftover grilled chicken separate from the leftover salad in covered containers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Add fresh romaine and a few squirts of lemon juice to refresh the salad and pop chicken in the microwave for about 30 seconds, if desired.
Did you make this Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad? Leave us a comment and a rating below!
Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning* or to taste
- 2 heads romaine hearts torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup croutons
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese shredded, plus additional for serving
- lemon wedges for serving
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste optional
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- In a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise, garlic, parmesan cheese, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, anchovy paste, and dijon mustard. Season with salt and black pepper to taste and refrigerate until serving.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat (400°F).
- Using the flat side of a meat mallet or a rolling pin, pound the chicken breasts to ½-inch thick. Drizzle with olive oil and season with Cajun seasoning.
- Place chicken on the grill for 7-8 minutes. Flip over and cook an additional 6 to 8 minutes or until no pink remains and the chicken reaches 165°F. Rest for 3 to 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine romaine lettuce, croutons, and ⅓ cup parmesan cheese. Add dressing and toss to combine; you may not need all of the dressing.
- Slice the chicken, and place it on top of the salad. Sprinkle with additional parmesan cheese and serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.