Make this creamy quick Caesar salad dressing in no time at all!
As much as I absolutely LOVE a homemade caesar salad, this quick dressing is just as delicious (and a little bit easier). A bright tangy lemon dressing with lots of flavor and of course Parmesan cheese!
Why We Love This Version
Don’t get me wrong, every other week I make a caesar salad from scratch; it’s a go to for us all year long! That being said there are a few reasons I like this quickie version:
- It is easy to make and always turns out rich and thick (no emulsifying needed).
- No blender or mixer required (just a bowl and spoon).
- It uses ingredients I always have on hand (the only less common ingredient is anchovy paste, substitutions below).
- This version does not use raw egg.
- The dressing keeps a couple of days longer than a scratch dressing (with raw egg).
- It’s SO good.
How to Make Caesar Salad Dressing
This version is crazy easy to make. Simply stir the ingredients together!
Base: The base of this dressing is mayonnaise. This takes place of the egg and oil in a traditional homemade dressing and I love it because I don’t have to pull out the blender.
Lemon: Fresh lemon juice is best. I find that fresh lemon juice is tart (sour) and zesty while bottled often has a bitter taste to it. If you ever try them next to each other, you’ll be amazed at the difference.
Flavors: Fresh garlic, Dijon, anchovy paste, and that all-important dash of Worcestershire sauce will create the right balance.
Do you HAVE to use Anchovy Paste?
Anchovy is a staple in Caesar salad and for good reason. I personally do not like really fishy flavors but this honestly makes the dressing so much better. It adds umami, an earthy savory flavor that is hard to replace.
Using a paste makes it evenly incorporate into the dressing (rather than trying to mash or cut up anchovy filets) and it keeps in the fridge for a while for future dressings and recipes.
No Anchovy Paste? No Problem! If you don’t have anchovy paste (or really don’t want to use it) it adds a briny salty flavor to this dressing and lots of umami. Capers are a great substitution and can be mashed or very finely chopped and added in.
Make a Quick Caesar Salad
In restaurants, Caesar salads are often prepared fresh tableside, tossed with fresh lettuce, dressing, and some garlicky croutons. We know you’ll love this Caesar salad recipe because it’s got all the elegance of a restaurant-quality salad without having to leave home!
- Tear or chop hearts of Romaine lettuce into a large serving bowl.
- Generously toss with Caesar salad dressing and top with extra parmesan cheese and our favorite, easy-to-make homemade croutons or air fryer croutons.
- Make it an entrée salad by topping each portion with grilled chicken breast, or baked salmon.
- Keep Caesar salad dressing in a mason jar with a tightly fitting lid.
- The dressing will be good for about 5 days.
Our Fave Dressings
- Avocado Ranch Dressing – tangy & creamy
- Spinach Salad Dressing – ready in 15 minutes
- Italian Dressing
- Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Greek Salad Dressing – an all-purpose dressing
- Creamy Italian Dressing
- Creamy Garlic Dressing
Did you love this Caesar Salad Dressing? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Quick Caesar Salad Dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon anchovy paste
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all dressing ingredients together and mix until combined.
- Taste the dressing and season with salt and additoinal black pepper as needed.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to five days.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)