Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip is so simple to prepare and everyone raves about it!
Add shredded chicken, cream cheese, cheddar, and buffalo sauce to the slow cooker and let it work its magic! So easy!
We love buffalo chicken dip for all of its creamy cheesy flavor! While we often make it in baking dish in the oven, we also make it in the crock pot. Perfect for game days, gatherings and pot lucks!
- This slow cooker buffalo chicken dip can be prepared ahead of time.
- It’s so easy, just put everyting in the slow cooker and let it do the work.
- We love that the crock pot keeps it warm for guests at a party!
- The slow cooker is great when you don’t have an oven or to take along to a potluck or an office party!
Ingredients in Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
Chicken I most often use rotisserie chicken for this recipe as it’s easy. You can make poached chicken breasts in minutes (great for adding to any recipe). Canned chicken tends to break apart too much and is not ideal in this recipe.
Shredded Cheese Shred your own cheese, it melts better than pre-shredded. I prefer a sharp cheddar as the flavor can stand up to the heat from the sauce, swap it for Monterey Jack if you’d like. If you like, add in a handful of blue cheese crumbles.
VARIATIONS Add any one of the following to make this dip your own:
- chopped celery or bell peppers
- bit of blue cheese dressing or sour cream in place of ranch dressing
- swap out the dair for a low fat cream cheese if you’d like
How to Make Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
This is an easy buffalo chicken dip recipe.
- Combine all the ingredients together in a slow cooker (a Crock Pot under 4qt is a great size for dips)
- Cook on low for a few hours until melty and delicious
- Set to warm for your guests to enjoy.
Serve with dippers and enjoy!
What to Dip in Buffalo Chicken Dip
I love to serve buffalo dip with an assortment of dippers. My personal favorite is the veggies. They provide the perfect crunch and balance to the spiciness of the dip!
- Crackers – crostini, Triscuits, wheat thins, or ritz crackers.
- Chips – potato chips or tortilla chips
- Veggies – celery sticks, carrot sticks, broccoli florets, cauliflower florets, or cucumber slices.
Or instead of dipping, serve this yummy dip scooped into mushroom caps. Sprinkle with extra cheddar cheese and bake at 350°F for about 15 minutes! Mini appetizers!
Keep leftovers of this dip in the fridge up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop over low heat. Give it a stir and enjoy!
Use leftovers to fill mushroom caps and bake, to toss with pasta with a splash of milk or to fill taco shells.
More Buffalo Chicken Party Favorites
- Buffalo Ranch Chicken Dip
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- Air Fryer Buffalo Wings
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad
- Buffalo Brussels Sprouts
Did you try this crock pot buffalo chicken dip recipe? Leave us a comment below and let us know how you liked it!
CrockPot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Set ½ cup cheese aside for topping.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a (2QT) slow cooker and stir.
- Cook on low for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Top with remaining cheese and cover until cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!