This crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe is a creamy, cheesy dip that’s full of buffalo wing flavor!
Mix shredded chicken, cream cheese, cheddar, and buffalo sauce in a slow cooker and let it work its magic! So easy!
Perfect for any event, is a favorite with just a handful of ingredients.
An Easy Party Favorite
- It’s super easy to prepare and can be made ahead of time.
- Buffalo chicken dip has a creamy and cheesy flavor with a bit of heat from Frank’s Red Hot sauce.
- The slow cooker does all of the work and keeps it warm in the Crock Pot for guests at a party!
- It’s perfect for taking to potlucks or parties.
Ingredients in Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
Shredded Cheese: Shred your own cheese for better melting. Use sharp cheddar for the best flavor, or try Monterey Jack or mozzarella cheese. Add some blue cheese crumbles for a twist.
Try any one of the following additions to change it up:
- chopped celery or bell peppers
- bit of blue cheese dressing or sour cream in place of ranch dressing
- diced jalapenos or bacon
How to Make Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
This slow cooker buffalo chicken dip recipe is so easy to make.
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker per the recipe below.
- Cook on low for a few hours until melted.
- Keep on warm for your guests to enjoy.
What to Dip in Buffalo Chicken Dip
I love to serve buffalo dip with an assortment of dippers. My personal favorite is veggies. They provide the perfect crunch and balance to the spiciness of the dip!
- Crackers – crostini, Triscuits, Wheat Thins, or baguette slices
- Chips – potato chips or tortilla chips
- Veggies – celery sticks, carrots, broccoli florets, cauliflower florets, or cucumber slices
Or instead of dipping, serve this yummy dip scooped into mushroom caps. Sprinkle with extra cheddar cheese and bake at 350°F for about 15 minutes! Mini appetizers!
Keep leftovers in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. Reheat in the slow cooker, microwave, or on the stovetop over low heat. Give it a stir and enjoy!
More Buffalo Chicken Party Favorites
Did you try this Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip? Leave us a comment and a rating below!
CrockPot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Reserve ½ cup of cheese for topping.
- In a 2QT slow cooker, combine the chicken, buffalo sauce, cream cheese, dressing, green onions, garlic powder, and 1 ½ cups of shredded cheddar cheese. Stir to mix well.
- Cook on low for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup of cheese on top of the dip and cover. Let it melt for about 15 minutes.
- Shred your own cheese from a block for the best results.
- Use leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken. Do not use canned chicken in this recipe.
- For a spicier dip, increase the amount of buffalo sauce or add diced jalapenos.
- You can serve the dip with crackers, chips, or fresh vegetables for dipping.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!