Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip is so simple to prepare. Simply add chicken, cream cheese, cheddar and buffalo sauce to the slow cooker and let it work its magic!
Chicken I most often use rotisserie chicken for this recipe as it’s easy. You can make poached chicken breasts in minutes (great for adding to any recipe). Canned chicken tends to break apart too much and is not ideal in this recipe.
Cheese Shred your own cheese, it melts better than pre-shredded. I prefer a sharp cheddar as the flavor can stand up to the heat from the sauce, swap it for Monterey Jack if you’d like. If you like blue cheese, add in a handful crumbles
Add any one of the following to make this dip your own:
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip
This appetizer is as easy as 1, 2, 3 and is always a crowd favorite.
- Combine all the ingredients together in a slow cooker (a Crock Pot under 4qt is a great size for dips)
- Cook on low for a few hours until melty and delicious
- Set to warm for your guests to enjoy.
Serve with dippers and enjoy!
What Goes Well with Buffalo Chicken Dip
I love to serve buffalo dip with an assortment of dippers. My personal favorite are the veggies. They provide the perfect crunch and balance to the spiciness of the dip!
- Crackers – crostini, tortilla chips, triscuits, wheat thins, or ritz crackers.
- Veggies – celery sticks, carrot sticks, broccoli florets, cauliflower florets, or cucumber slices.
Or instead of dipping serve this yummy dip scooped into mushroom caps. Sprinkle with extra cheddar cheese and bake at 350°F for about 15 minutes! Mini appetizers!
How to Reheat It
Crockpot buffalo chicken dip is easy to reheat, you can even just put it right back into the crockpot to reheat.
To reheat in the microwave, scoop it into a microwave safe container and heat it for about two minutes. Give it a stir and enjoy!
Easy Cheesy Dips
- Jalapeno Popper Dip – ready in 25 mins!
- Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip – served in a bread bowl!
- Hot Cheesy Philly Cheesesteak Dip – crowd pleasing appie
- Cheesy Hamburger Dip – made with all your fav burger flavors!
- Easy Shrimp Dip – creamy & lusciously cheesy
CrockPot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Set 1/2 cup cheese aside for topping.
- Combine all ingredients in a small slow cooker (2qt) and stir.
- Cook on low for 2-3 hours stirring occasionally.
- Top with remaining cheese and cover until cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.