Easy Fruit Pizza is the best summer dessert. Sweet juicy berries with a citrus cream cheese filling spread over a sugar cookie crust. It’s all topped with a rainbow of fruits for a beautiful dessert.
Colorful, sweet, and full of flavor! A fresh fruit pizza is a perfect way to enjoy ALL of the fresh summer berries and fruits while they’re in season.
A Perfect Summer Dessert
This fruit pizza recipe is an easy dessert topped with fresh fruit. The perfect sweet ending.
- It looks like a pizza – round and cut in wedges and it has all kinds of toppings. But the similarity stops there.
- The Crust: This dessert pizza has a sugar cookie crust.
- The Sauce: The sauce is a sweet lemon cream cheese filling.
- The Pizza Toppings: Fresh fruit, any variety you’d like!
Ingredients & Variations
CRUST: To keep this recipe extra easy, we use premade sugar cookie dough and press it into a pizza pan. Use homemade sugar cookie dough if you’d like.
FILLING: Cream cheese is sweetened with a bit of sugar and vanilla extract. Add a little lemon zest, orange zest, or other extracts like almond. Short on time? Swap it out for cream cheese frosting!
FRUIT: This is where the fun begins! With a bounty of fresh summer produce, the possibilities are endless!
VARIATIONS: For different fillings, use instant pudding (chocolate or vanilla). Try lemon curd, yogurt, Nutella… the possibilities really are endless! Top it with any fruit glaze or sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Fruit Pizza Toppings
- Berries: Fresh berries like raspberries, blueberries, strawberries.
- Fruit: Watermelon, mango, kiwi, sliced grapes, mandarin oranges, pineapple. Toss the following in lemon juice: peaches and banana.
- Rainbow: Add a Rainbow of toppings!
- Other Toppings: Add some whipped cream or ice cream. Drizzle with some caramel or chocolate.
How to Make Fruit Pizza
- Bake Crust: Cook the sugar cookie dough (as per the recipe below).
- Make Filling: Combine the filling and beat with a hand mixer. Spread over crust.
- Add Fruit: Arrange your choice of fruits over the topping.
- Glaze: Heat jelly in the microwave and brush over the fruit. Refrigerate.
Storing Fruit Pizza
Refrigerate your fruit pizza for at least an hour before cutting it into pizza slices with a pizza wheel. Fruit pizza is best served within the first day it is made. It will keep in an airtight container and keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Did you enjoy this Fruit Pizza? Be sure to leave a comment and a rating below!
Easy Fruit Pizza
- 1 roll sugar cookie dough 16.5 ounces
- 1 package cream cheese 8 ounces
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Optional Fruit Toppings
- 1 ½ cups strawberries
- 8 oz canned mandarin oranges well drained
- 1 mango chopped
- 1 kiwi sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup red grapes halved
- ½ cup strawberry jelly or apple optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 12″ pizza pan with parchment paper.
- Press the sugar cookie dough into the bottom of the pan. Bake 14-17 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar, lemon zest and vanilla in a small bowl. Beat with a hand mixer on medium until light and fluffy. Spread over cooled crust.
- Arrange fruit over the cream cheese layer starting from the outside and working inward. Start with the sliced strawberries and continue in order with the canned mandarin oranges, mango, kiwi, blueberries and grapes.
- Heat jelly in the microwave for 20-30 seconds or until slightly. Brush over the fruit if desired.
- Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
More Fresh Fruit Desserts
- Easy Blueberry Crisp– Perfect for summer berries!
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie – Classic combination!
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pie – No baking required!
- Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries – Easy and delicious!
- Whipped Strawberry Butter – Great on toast, waffles, muffins, and more!
- Fresh Watermelon Cake – So simple to whip up!