Easy Fruit Pizza is the perfect summer dessert. Sweet juicy summer berries with a lemon kissed cream cheese filling atop a sugar cookie crust . Colorful, sweet and full of flavor!
A fresh fruit pizza is a perfect way to enjoy ALL of the fresh summer berries and fruits while they’re in season!
Thank you to Fridge Fresh for keeping my produce fresh and sponsoring this fruit pizza recipe!
Fresh Summer Produce
One of the very best parts of summer is the fresh produce. From garden zucchini and carrots to juicy peaches and ripe berries! There is truly nothing more delicious (or nostalgic for me) than plucking a carrot from the garden and rinsing it under icy water from the garden hose!
Farmer’s Market Produce
I love recipes that allow the bounty of the season to shine so in addition to my own little garden, I go to the farmer’s markets every couple of weeks. I love that I can stock up and have a fridge overflowing with produce that will last me until I get back to the market!
How to Keep Fruit and Veggies Fresh!
Inevitably, when I visit the market, I get overzealous. Every. Time.
I can’t think of anything more heartbreaking than having produce spoil before I get to it! While most produce can last a week or so in the fridge, the addition of Fridge Fresh® can extend the life of your produce by weeks! That’s right, by WEEKS meaning we can savor every last bite of summer!
So What is Fridge Fresh? Fridge Fresh is a small device that pumps an extra molecule of oxygen into the refrigerator. What does this do? It will not only reduce odors and kill pollutants and microbes (which causes produce to deteriorate) but it also can keep your fruits and veggies fresh 3 times longer.
This means less time shopping, less waste and you could save up to $2,300/year on groceries. The best part is that it’s relatively inexpensive, it’s pretty small and doesn’t take up much space. Fridge Fresh is under $30 (ships free within the United States) and can literally save $100’s of produce from becoming spoiled (plus it has a 100% money back guarantee)!
FRIDGE FRESH is the perfect way to keep your produce longer and eliminate odors!
Berries for Fruit Pizza & Desserts
The thing I love best is being able to keep fresh summer berries (hands down my favorite fruits… especially raspberries) on hand for quick and easy desserts (and I love that I can keep them fresh for so long now)!
We eat berries all summer long with just a splash of cream poured over the top and I love having fresh berries for snacks! They really make the most beautiful desserts including this easy dessert pizza (although any summer fruits are great in this recipe including peaches)!!
How to Make Fruit Pizza
- Fruit Pizza with Sugar Cookie Crust: Simply take 1 roll of sugar cookie dough and press it into a 12″ pizza pan. Bake at 350°F.
- No Bake Fruit Pizza Crust: Another favorite option for us is to make 1/4 recipe for Rice Krispie treats (or make the whole recipe and put the rest in a pan for squares). Press the warm Krispies mixture into a greased 12″ pan. Cool completely.
- FRUIT PIZZA FILLING:
- Cream Cheese Filling: Use a hand mixer to make the cream cheese filling soft and fluffy. We add lemon zest but you can add orange zest or your favorite extracts (almond extract is great too).
- Other Fillings: If you prefer a different filling, you can use Instant Pudding (chocolate or vanilla). Try lemon curd, yogurt, Nutella… the possibilities really are endless!
- TOPPINGS: This is where the fun begins! With a bounty of fresh summer produce, the possibilities are endless! Berries, peaches, kiwi… the list goes on. Cut your fruit and arrange in a pretty design or use cookie cutters to make cute shapes out of melon!
Refrigerate your Fruit Pizza for at least an hour before cutting into pizza slices with a pizza wheel! Store in an airtight container and keep in the fridge!
More Fresh Fruit Desserts
- Easy Blueberry Crisp– Perfect for summer berries!
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie – Classic combination!
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pie – No baking required!
- Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries – Easy and delicious!
- Whipped Strawberry Butter – Great on toast, waffles, muffins and more!
- 1 roll sugar cookie dough 16.5 ounces
- 1 package cream cheese 8 ounces
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cup blueberries
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1 ½ cup blackberries
- ½ cup strawberry jelly or apple, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 12" pizza pan with parchment paper.
- Press the sugar cookie dough into the bottom of the pan. Bake 14-17 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar, lemon zest and vanilla in a small bowl. Beat with a hand mixer on medium until light and fluffy. Spread over cooled crust.
- Arrange berries over the cream cheese layer in desired design.
- Heat jelly in the microwave for 20-30 seconds or until slightly. Brush over the fruit if desired.
- Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.