Lemon Curd is sweet, tangy and bursting with zesty flavor. This lemon-y treat is made with 3 ingredients and of course, lemons! Try using this delicious recipe for your next lemon meringue pie inspired dessert!
When life hands you lemons, make lemon curd! This delicious spread/filling is surprisingly easy to make from scratch. Sweet-tart and buttery, you’ll find this is the best lemon curd recipe you’ve ever tasted.
What is Lemon Curd?
Lemon curd is a pudding that can be used in place of jam, or in desserts. In addition to fresh lemons, ingredients for this easy recipe are three staple items that you probably already have in your kitchen: sugar, eggs and butter. That’s it!
Lemon Curd Uses: It is typically stored in glass jam jars, where it can be easily spooned out and slathered on biscuits or toast. But don’t stop there! Lemon curd filling is the perfect basis for many desserts.
This list goes on. Once you learn how simple it is to make it, you’ll never want to buy canned lemon pie filling ever again!
How to Make Lemon Curd
Making this simple recipe is as easy as 1, 2, 3 and takes hardly no time at all! Be sure to continuously whisk it to keep it from burning.
- Juice and zest lemons.
- Whisk all ingredients together in a saucepan and heat until thickened.
- Transfer to a bowl or jar, and cool.
If you want to serve it fresh, it will keep in the refrigerator for up to a week.
More Delicious Desserts
- Incredible Whipped Apple Pie – the perfect no bake dessert!
- Key Lime Pie Ice Cream – no churn and no ice cream maker required!
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie – my summer go-to pie recipe!
- Oreo No Bake Cheesecake – light, fluffy and loaded with Oreo chunks.
- Easy Fruit Pizza – loaded with juicy berries.
Fresh Lemon Curd
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup butter
- Whisk lemon juice, sugar, eggs and zest.
- Add to a saucepan with butter and cook over medium-low heat whisking continuously until mixture thickens.
- Pour curd into a bowl and top with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate and cool completely.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)