Baba Ganoush is a flavorful and deliciously dippable or spreadable appetizer.
Baba Ganoush is a roasted eggplant spread or dip. It’s packed with flavors of tahini, garlic, and lemon juice all blended until smooth and creamy.
It is the perfect dip, spread, or even sauce recipe for everything from warm pita bread to tortilla chips!
What is Baba Ganoush?
- Originating from Levant, this dish light, healthy, low in calories, but heavy on flavor, eat Baba Ganoush (bah-bah, gah-noosh) as a spread or dip.
- Served as a ‘meze’ or dip, Baba Ganoush is keto, gluten-free, vegan, and, unlike hummus, has an irresistible smoky flavor from the roasted eggplant!
- Make this super easy Baba Ganoush recipe ahead and freeze it into quart-sized zippered bags and thaw for a delicious dip or spread anytime!
Ingredients & Variations
Eggplant: Choose full, heavy eggplants without blemishes. The peel will easily strip away after it’s baked or grilled.
Seasonings: Traditional seasonings include tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, garlic, and parsley and some optional crushed red pepper will give Baba Ganoush its signature flavor. But mix it up with other seasonings like these DIY blends like homemade lemon pepper seasoning, or a savory Greek seasoning.
How to Make Baba Ganoush
Baba ganoush is a traditional recipe that requires a little time for the eggplant to cook.
- Bake, cool, and peel eggplant (as per the recipe below).
- In a food processor, blend eggplant and all remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Season with parsley and salt. Top with optional olive oil and red pepper flakes.
What to Serve with Baba Ganoush?
Baba Ganoush goes with so many kinds of food! We like it with homemade pita bread, crackers, pita chips, vegetables, or crostini.
Storing Baba Ganoush
To retain the best flavor, keep Baba Ganoush in a covered container for up to 3 days. It can be frozen for up to a month, however, the consistency will be less firm once it’s thawed.
Our Favorite Party Dips
- Jalapeno Popper Dip – party favorite!
- Tzatziki Sauce – creamy yogurt cucumber dip
- 7 Layer Dip – ready in 15 mins!
- Easy Bean Dip – creamy, rich, and a little bit spicy!
- Easy Spinach Dip – 6 simple ingredients!
Did you make this Baba Ganoush? Leave us a rating and a comment below!
Easy Baba Ganoush
- 2 large eggplant about 1 ½ lbs
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons parsley chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Poke eggplant with a fork and bake until tender about 45-50 minutes.
- Cool and peel the eggplant.
- Place eggplant, tahini, lemon juice and garlic into a food processor or blender. Process until smooth.
- Stir in parsley & salt. Top with olive oil and crushed red pepper.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
Hello..I an big Fan of your Blog.I highly admire the Elegance and useful details you post..My words are very few to express how much I love your recipes…For Baba Ghannoush we make at home since my childhood similar way..Recently My Daughter made this awesome dish,,,,I wish if I can send image to you just for your comment..Thanks,
We would love to see your finished dish. If you have Instagram, you can tag us @spendpennies