Spinach Artichoke Dip is one of those recipes that absolutely everyone seems to love. A creamy cheesy base loaded with spinach, a bit of garlic and of course marinated artichokes.
Top it all off with more cheese and bake until golden and bubbly
Between this recipe, a super easy classic Buffalo Chicken Dip and Jalapeno Popper Dip, I’m pretty much guaranteed an invite to every party! Spinach Artichoke Dip is found on almost every menu and at every party for good reason. Everyone loves it! It’s easy to make and it’s creamy, cheesy, and super satisfying!
Base Cream cheese, sour cream, and a touch of mayonnaise make up the base of this recipe.
Spinach Frozen chopped spinach is defrosted and sqeezed dry. If you’d like to use fresh spinach in place of frozen, cook 1lb of fresh, cool completely and squeeze dry.
Artichokes Marinated artichokes (instead of canned) have tons of flavor. Canned artichokes are usually in water with a bit of salt while marinated artichokes are in olive oil and have seasonings that flavor this dip. If you’re using canned artichokes, add a pinch of Italian Seasoning or some dried basil for flavor
Cheese I use a combination of mozzarella and gruyere. If you don’t have gruyere you can substitute it with gouda or swiss.
How to Make Spinach Artichoke Dip
Like most creamy dip recipes, this spinach artichoke dip starts with a delicious cream cheese base. The first step to a perfectly scoopable spinach dip is to make the cream cheese nice and fluffy using either a hand mixer or a stand mixer. You can certainly mix it by hand but an electric mixer will make your dip softer so you don’t end up with a ‘chip-wreck’.
- Mix cream cheese, sour cream and a bit of mayo until fluffy.
- Fold in spinach, artichokes and cheeses.
- Bake until bubbly.
To Cook in the Slow Cooker spread the dip into the bottom of a 4QT crock pot and cook on low for about 2 hours stirring after 60 minutes. Just before serving, sprinkle extra cheese on top.
What to Serve With Spinach Artichoke Dip
This is a hot spinach artichoke dip and I like to it with crostini. It’s also great with crackers, chunks of sourdough bread or even tortilla chips!
If you happen to have flour tortillas on hand, they make great dippers once baked in the oven! Lightly brush them with olive oil (or melted butter) and season them with a pinch of salt and garlic powder. Bake at 350°F 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp.
If you’re looking for a fresh crunch (or to keep this low carb), carrots, celery, mini bell peppers or cucumbers are also great dippers!
To Make Ahead
This dip can be made as much as 48 hours ahead of time and refrigerated. Once baked it will keep 3-4 days in the fridge.
If you’re lucky enough to have leftovers, it’s great to heat up with a bit of cream and toss with pasta or spoon over chicken and baked for a complete meal!
More Great Dip Recipes
- 5 Minute Taco Dip – Super quick!
- Cheesy Hot Crab Dip
- Jalapeno Popper Dip (Video) Our favorite!
- Hot Spinach Dip (in a bread bowl)
- Mexican Corn Dip
- Easy Queso Dip – Cheesy goodness!
The Best Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese , softened
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese divided
- 1/2 cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup gruyere cheese
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach defrosted and squeezed dry
- 14 oz marinated artichoke hearts chopped
- 1 baguette optoinal
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise and garlic with a hand mixer until fluffy.
- Stir in parmesan cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, gruyere cheese, spinach, and artichokes.
- Place into a 9x9 casserole dish (or deep dish pie plate) and top with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is browned.
- Slice baguette into 1/2" slices. Lightly brush one side of each slice with olive oil. Broil the oiled side for about 2 minutes or just until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and gently rub each slice with a clove of garlic. Serve with spinach artichoke dip.