We love entertaining and always serve our favorite snacks like jalapeno popper dip and pigs in a blanket. I serve this 7 layer bean dip recipe with some tortilla chips and veggies (which can also go alongside other dips like spinach dip for a great party spread).
7 Layer Dip is an easy dip that everyone loves! Layers of creamy and fresh ingredients are spread into a 9×13 pan and chilled. Crisp tortilla chips are the perfect dipper for this recipe!
What’s In 7 Layer Dip?
This dip has (obviously) 7 layers to it, and creating the layers is quick and easy. The layers in 7 Layer Dip are:
- Refried beans
- Sour cream (mixed with cream cheese and taco seasoning)
- Salsa (drained)
- Green onions
- Olives or tomatoes
You can easily swap these out for your own favorite toppings. If you’d like to add ground beef, cook the beef until no pink remains. Add taco seasoning for flavor and cool. Add it between the beans and sour cream mixture.
Jalapenos and cilantro are also great toppers for this Mexican 7 layer dip. Get creative!
How To Make 7 Layer Bean Dip
- Seven layer bean dip begins with refried beans mixed with milk.
- Using a hand mixer not only makes the mixing easy, it helps with a creamy consistency so your chips don’t break as you scoop it!
- Just like in Jalapeno Popper Dip, mix the cream cheese with a hand mixer too so it’s easy to scoop.
- Layer the guacamole in the middle so it doesn’t discolor.
- Top with shredded cheese, green onions, and olives or tomatoes. I also love adding diced jalapenos if there are spicy fans out there!
Before serving, chill the 7 layer dip for about an hour, this brings the flavors together!
How Long Does 7 Layer Dip Last In Fridge?
7 layer dip lasts 3-4 days in the fridge. The longer it is stored, the more the layers will bleed together and it can get a bit watery (I just drain it off). After the first 24 hours, it may not look pretty, but I can assure you it will still taste uh-maz-ing!
More Recipes You’ll Love
- 5 Minute Taco Dip – Quick and easy!
- Cheesy Ranch Spinach Dip Recipe
- Reuben Dip
- Mexican Corn Dip
- The BEST Buffalo Chicken Dip (video)
7 Layer Dip
- 1 1/4 cups salsa
- 16 oz. refried beans canned
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup guacamole prepared
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup black olives or tomatoes
- 4 sliced green onions
- Place salsa in a sieve to drain any liquid (this keeps your dip from getting runny).
- Combine refried beans and milk (or you can use the liquid from the salsa if you prefer) until smooth. Spread in the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream and taco seasoning with a mixer on medium. Spread over refried beans.
- Spoon guacamole over cream cheese and gently spread. Repeat with drained salsa.
- Top with cheese, olives/tomatoes and green onions.
- Chill 1 hour before serving. Serve with tortilla chips or crackers.