Roasted Potatoes and Carrots not only go with everything, but everyone loves them! They are an easy, one-pan recipe of baked veggies. Just chop and toss with Italian seasoning before baking until perfectly tender.
Preparing Roasted Potatoes and Carrots
If I’m making a dish with a sauce or gravy, I often make Mashed Potatoes but these are great with any meal too! Wash the potatoes and either scrub or peel the carrots. Baby carrots work in this recipe although they don’t tend to hold their bold orange color as much as larger carrots.
- Chop vegetables into uniform pieces.
- Toss with olive oil and seasonings (per recipe below).
- Bake 40-50 minutes or until tender.
Large pieces will take longer to cook, if you’re short on time, cut the veggies a bit smaller to reduce cooking time.
What to Serve Them With
After the meat is done, feel free to make a gravy with the meat drippings by heating them and adding a slurry of cold water and corn starch. Whisk the mixture into the drippings, bring to a boil, then simmer until the desired thickness is achieved. Pour over the roasted veggies!
- To Store: Keep the roasted potatoes and carrots in a tightly sealed container or in a labeled zippered bag. Store in the fridge for about a week or freeze for up to a month.
- To Reheat: Put the veggies in a microwave-safe dish and heat up for about 5 minutes or reheat on the stove with a little water or broth. Brighten the flavor with a few dashes of salt and pepper!
More Delicious Roasted Vegetable Sides
- Honey Roasted Carrots – simple yet elegant!
- Easy Oven Roasted Asparagus – ready in under 15 mins
- Roasted Eggplant – creamy, soft & delicious
- Parmesan Roasted Leeks – 4 simple ingredients!
- Favorite Roasted Cauliflower– easy and delicious
Roasted Potatoes and Carrots
- 1.5 lb potatoes cut into 1" cubes
- 1 lb carrots peeled
- 1 onion diced
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut potatoes and carrots into large chunks, approximately the same size.
- Toss potatoes, carrots and onions with olive oil and Italian seasoning. Season with salt & pepper.
- Place on a large pan and roast 40-50 minutes or until tender.