Homemade Honey Mustard Dressing is easy to make and so full of flavor! Why buy store bought dressing when you can whip up this delicious alternative in minutes!
Perfectly paired over a cold, crisp tossed salad or as a dip for freshly cut raw veggies or even a marinade for meat like pork tenderloin or Easy Grilled Chicken Breast, this honey mustard salad dressing is a keeper!
Honey Mustard Ingredients
It starts with MUSTARD (Of Course)…
There are dozens of different kinds of mustard! Classic yellow mustard is great on a hot dog while a Chinese mustard pairs well with pork spare ribs. This honey mustard dressing recipe calls for a grainy Dijon mustard (regular dijon is great too) that complements crisp greens and even can be used as a marinade on dishes like oven baked chicken breasts!
The main ingredients in this honey mustard dressing all play an important part in developing the overall flavor and tangy taste of this salad dressing. (This honey mustard dressing is dairy free).
- The honey will temper the bold flavor of the mustard.
- A clove of minced garlic gives it just the right amount of savory depth. If you’d like a milder flavor, replace fresh garlic with garlic powder.
- Mayonnaise is an excellent thickener and will help keep the flavors balanced.
- A splash of lemon juice will maintain just the right amount of tartness.
How To Make Honey Mustard Dressing
No fancy equipment or appliances needed here! For the home chef, this honey mustard dressing is quick and easy to make and tastes great!
Simply combine the ingredients in a bowl and whisk. Season with salt and pepper to taste. It is best to chill this dressing for at least an hour before serving to allow the flavors to blend
How Long Does Honey Mustard Dressing Last? Honey mustard salad dressing will about 10 days covered in the fridge. I make it in a mason jar with a pourable lid.
If you still have some left and won’t be able to use it up, it’s a great marinade for chicken. Pour it into a freezer bag with fresh chicken breasts (add a little bit of olive oil to stretch it out if needed) and freeze.
More Easy Salad Dressings
Honey Mustard Dressing
- 3 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice or cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 small clove garlic
- salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- Serve over salads or use for dipping.
- Refrigerate up to 10 days.