Crack Dip is an amazing dip, great for parties or game day! With a creamy cheesy base and loads of bacon and cheddar, it’s seasoned with ranch seasoning mix for a crowd pleasing favorite!
What is Crack Dip?
I have to tell you, I did not name this dip but I do love to make it! Crack Dip is easy, cheesy and full of bacon-y goodness.
Cream cheese, sour cream and mayo make the base oh-so-creamy and it’s flavored with ranch dressing mix (I make homemade). Add in crumbled bacon (or bacon bits), cheddar and green onions.
Spicy Add in a handful of diced jalapenos or a splash or two of hot sauce.
Meaty Add chicken or sausage
Seasonings Swap out the ranch mix for Italian dressing mix or your favorite fresh herbs
Bake It Serve it cold or bake this dip in a 400°F oven for 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
How to Make Crack Dip
This is so easy it’s ready in just 2 simple steps!
- Mix the first 5 ingredients together with an electric mixer. If you are mixing by hand, make sure the ingredients are at room temperature. This makes them easier to mix, just be sure to refrigerate before serving.
- Gently fold in the remaining ingredients and refrigerate at least one hour before serving.
Best Dippers for Crack Dip
Here is a list of my favorite dippers for this cheesy crack dip!
- Crackers: Any kind of buttery-flavored crackers, Triscuits, or slices of toasted baguettes.
- Chips: Any kind of tortilla or potato chip.
- Veggies: Celery sticks, carrot stick, or cucumber slices. Try filling mushroom caps and heating with a little parmesan cheese melted on top.
- Spread: Or, use as spread on a sandwich or burger!
Great Dips for a Crowd
- Taco Dip – ready in just 5 minutes!
- Pimento Cheese – great as a dip or a spread!
- 7 Layer Dip – great party appetizer
- Bacon Cheddar Dip – filled with bacon & cheese!
- Dill Pickle Dip – made with 4 simple ingredients
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 oz package ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/3 cup bacon bits or 6 slices cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions sliced
- Mix cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise ranch mix and garlic powder with a mixer on medium speed.
- Fold in remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)