Beef Enchilada dip has all of those amazing enchilada flavors we love in an easy scoopable dip!
If you love Enchiladas and you love dip, then you’ll LOVE this Beef Enchilada Dip! Made with ground beef, the secret ingredient is refried beans which makes it gorgeously creamy and dip-like.
The Genesis of This Enchilada Dip
As the cook, I declare it my right to do as much taste testing as I deem “necessary”. The problem, however, is that when I’m making Beef Enchiladas, the amount of taste testing I do of the fragrant creamy filling is far more than necessary. To the point that I am sometimes short on filling for my enchiladas and one day as I scooped up “just one more taste” of the Enchilada filling, it finally dawned on me…..if I love Enchilada filling that much, why don’t I just turn it into a DIP???
So I did. :-)
The Secret Enchilada Dip Ingredient
Creamy, cheesy, loaded with flavor and baked to golden perfection. It’s basically made the same way I make my filling for Beef Enchiladas, but I make it a little looser so it’s easy to scoop up without the corn chips breaking.
The secret ingredient? Refried beans. Seriously, I swear! It makes this dip beautifully creamy, much creamier than just making this with enchilada sauce!
Beef Enchilada Dip: Additions & Substitutions
- Add black beans to fill it out a bit and for added texture. Otherwise this is just 100% beef.
- Corn is a wonderful addition to this – and even adding some other vegetables like sautéed diced zucchini and red peppers.
- Add in some chopped jalapeno or extra hot sauce to add some heat.
- Ground Beef can be substituted with any kind of ground meat (such as turkey or chicken).
How to Store Enchilada Dip
- Make Ahead: Another reason I love this dip is that it is GREAT for making ahead! Make it up to 3 days in advance, then just top with cheese and bake to reheat. Promise me you’ll serve it warm.
- Leftovers: Leftovers can be kept for up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
More Cheesy Dip Recipes
- Ranch Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip – The perfect party dip!
- Hot Bacon Cheddar Dip
- Easy Cheesy Pizza Dip – add your favorite pizza toppings
- Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Rotel Dip – super easy
- 7 Layer Dip – classic dip recipe
- Sausage Cheese Dip
- The Best Spinach Artichoke Dip – The best dip ever!
Beef Enchilada Dip
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat oil over high heat in a skillet. Add garlic and onion, cook for 3 minutes until translucent.
- Add beef and cook, breaking it up as you go, until it changes from pink to light brown.
- Add taco seasoning and cook until beef is browned.
- Add refried beans and Enchilada sauce. Cook for 5 minutes or until thickens to your desired consistency. Stir through black beans.
- Transfer to a heatproof bowl.
- Top with cheese then bake for 15 minutes or until bubbly and golden.
- Serve warm with corn chips, garnished with cilantro if desired!
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.